Swore off KSR...now I am an easy bus ride...

moontang

an easy boat or bus ride for me to get to KSR...last time I was thee was 2012, and I thought I would be scratching the  place off the list for ever.  Just some really crummy guesthouses...so now it is pretty close.  Is there anything worth doing over there for a middle aged guy.  Mulligan's appears to be a place to find a backpacker girl, which I need like a brain anuerysm...would be interested in some lovely Thai ladies, though.  Not a bucket guy, but do like cold beers, but hate loud music.  Any really good street food worth checking out?  I read the reviews and most read like the fried bugs are the biggest must see...seen about as many bug carts as temples..Thanks! 

Edited by moontang

There have been occasions when I have ventured up the Mulligans stairs, got past the security Nazis and entered to find that I appear to be the only farang there. The place is now generally full of well-to-do young Thais with their partners.

Not a scabby backpacker in sight!

I also visit KSR once a year and like to sit on a nice terrace drinking Paulaner beer..great to hear people speaking real english around me so i can understand them.

But KSR is only about eating/drinking, nothing else. It seems to me that the backpackers get more spoiled every year, they get fatter, less muscled, more glasses, more babyfaces, more beggars among them, more vegans with dreadlocks which they never wash.

One visit a year is enough for me, i wished they had a real good doner kebab place there but they don't.