Sakhon Nakhon to Mukdahan

The flights to Nakon Phanom are full.

I will fly to S.Nakhon on Sunday the 8th.  The bus service via nok air is over 1000b to the bridge. Are there alternatives after 2pm via buses? Last time I was at N.Phanom, the van was 400b from the airport, or 100b if booked online. Confused.

Where are you getting the 1000 baht number for Nok Air's bus service?

Are using Mukdahan as your destination when searching for flights. I don't see a flight via Sakon Nakhon arriving at 2pm when checking their fly/ride service. Fly/ride schedule is here. https://content.nokair.com/en/Booking/Where-we-fly/Flight-Service/Fly-n-Ride/Mukdahan

I just got off the phone with Nok Air. I should have booked D.Muang to Mukdahan, not D.Muang to Sakhon. I had no idea. My loss.

Anyone have a contact locally for a decent ride to the bridge at 2pm?

Flight DD9406 Operate by Nok Air

Bangkok (Don Mueang) - Sakon Nakhon

Date 8 Jul 2018 Travel Time 12:50 - 14:00

20 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

I just got off the phone with Nok Air. I should have booked D.Muang to Mukdahan, not D.Muang to Sakhon. I had no idea. My loss.

Anyone have a contact locally for a decent ride to the bridge at 2pm?

Flight DD9406 Operate by Nok Air

Bangkok (Don Mueang) - Sakon Nakhon

Date 8 Jul 2018 Travel Time 12:50 - 14:00

The Nok Air driver will take you to the bridge for 200 Baht.

They only have one shuttle for the flight that arrives in the morning. For the 2pm and 8pm arrivals, no shuttle service, so I would have been unable able to book it.

Anyone know anyone who can drive me to the bridge from SK on the 8th. (gotta be at the bridge by 4pm) and back on the 10th. 

Edited by Somtamnication

My travel notes

Sakhon Nakhon airport shared car to bus terminal 80 baht. 5km 5 min.

Sakhon Nakhon to Mudkahan 2 hours 80 baht by bus. Hourly busses. I never needed to wait more than 10-15 minutes.

Bus from Mudkahan, through the immigrations on both countries, all the way to Savannakhet bus station was 45 baht. The trip takes perhaps an hour, including clearing the immigrations.

IIRC the border closes at 19:00. 

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, oilinki said:

The bridge is open until 22:00 but the Lao visa on arrival office officially closes at 18:00.  But they may be open later if they are busy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Thanks Oilinki. The 7pm closure was good to know, as their website stated 4:30. A whole lotta relief for me.

I'd trust Ubon's knowledge more than mine own ?

Last time I was there, about a month ago, I took the same flight you had. I had no problems getting to Laos, even if I used local public transportation.

If the flight it late, you still have couple of options to use.

1) You can ask the bus from Sakhon Nakhon to Mudkahan to stop next to the border and take a tuk-tuk or incoming bus from there to the Thai border (and wait for the bus to take you further. This saves you an hour or so, as you don't have to go all the way to the Mudkahan bus station and then come back from there.

GPS: 16.5998563,104.7168635

2116095042_Screenshot2018-07-0111_50_32.png.3dba40b11f61a46261f859f27ad20892.png

2) You can also stay a night in Mudkahan and then take early morning bus to Laos. This way you can leave the bus next to the Thai embassy in Savannakhet and go directly to process your visa application.

I have used the guys, opposite of the embassy to fill out and check my visa forms, do required photocopies etc. It costs 100 baht, and I have had no problems getting my visas. 

Good luck and hopefully everything goes well. Applying visa is always such and stress, but afterwards the feeling is always better. Remember to eat few pates, while you are there.

• 6 months later...

On 7/1/2018 at 11:12 AM, oilinki said:

My travel notes

Sakhon Nakhon airport shared car to bus terminal 80 baht. 5km 5 min.

Sakhon Nakhon to Mudkahan 2 hours 80 baht by bus. Hourly busses. I never needed to wait more than 10-15 minutes.

Bus from Mudkahan, through the immigrations on both countries, all the way to Savannakhet bus station was 45 baht. The trip takes perhaps an hour, including clearing the immigrations.

hello 

from Mukdahan to Sakon nakhon or Nakhon Phanom is there any bus? After picking up my passport at 2 pm and arrive in Mukdahan bus station i have plenty of time to go in one of those 2 close airports and i d like to avoid the minivan that the fly/ride service uses. I hate minivans. Flights are scheduled in late evening so i could use a more comfortable and relaxing bus from Mukdahan to airport if there is any in the afternoon...

any tip oilinki?