samsung galaxy j7 pro S8 A8 comments please

notrub

Is it just me or ?  I bought a J7 pro misunderstand splash proof.  Replacement of new unit was 500 baht more than repair so the one dipped in water sits in my drawer and new one in my pocket.  There is a bruise on the screen that they told me was from pressure on it.  It is in a hard case but not covered by guarantee.   4 or 5k to replace screen.  I see the A8 and S8 are waterproof and sell for about 15k A8, 18k S8  on Lazada. but would like comment b4 buying 3rd phone in 4 months.  Is it just me?  Are Samsung phones as great as advertised?  What alternatives would you recommend please?  Waterproof and strong are important features but most other hype is (?) so what.  What do members think please.  Thank you

I'm using a Samsung A5 typing this. It's nearly 4 years old. The battery needs to be replaced I think, as it sometimes just reboots even when battery full. 

Got an S7 2 years ago but got it wet during songkran within 2 weeks. Reverted back to A5 until earlier this year. Took it Samsung service centre and got it fixed for 5k. Works as new.

I've never purchased a phone always get them free with a £20 a month uk contract. Due for an upgrade when I'm back there. Will be sticking wirh Samsung. 

Thank you Rc.  I just must accept my irresponsible treatment of the phone and move on with confidence.  How do you get a free phone?  I have a monthly contract with AIS that costs about 500 baht per month with more call time than I could ever use but enough data to remain connected all the time.  Never download films, only to listen to one of the online music and I never run out of credit.  I got the first J7  with an AIS contract but still had to pay quite a lot.  The first replacement (which it seems I have just broken) came from Lazada at a much lower price for a naked phone than I have found anywhere else.  I read about the S8+ for less than 17,000 baht but also see the S9+ in the less than 27,000 baht range.    what do you think?  While you are thinking, any comments on the Honda HR-V 2018 to begin to be sold in a few weeks.  I know it is off topic, but there you go.  Thanks for taking the time to comment.