All Xiaomi Mobiles sold in Thailand have 2 SIM CARDS slots ? Xiaomi Mi A1 Android one ?

gaff

hello,

Do you know if all Xiaomi mobiles sold in Thailand have 2 SIM cards slots ?

Including the Mi A1 Android one as this one ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-mi-a1-432gb-1-i221750350-s350816079.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-mi-a1-eu-32gb-black-i161130522-s194387048.html

And do you know why we cannot ask questions on the second link (lazada is seller), they do not reply to questions about products that they sell ?

It seems that we cannot find any better android mobile for 4790 thb, right ?

Thanks.

Edited by gaff

Th MI A1 has two slots for SIM. One of the slots is a SIM / Micro SD card slot combo.. So you can use either two SIMs or one SIM and One Micro SD card.

3-เลือก-2
Nano-SIM/MicroSD

Great phone for the price. If you are handy with Android software you can improve the camera a great deal by loading the Google camera as well.

I would search for the 64gb version if you take a lot of photos or have movies and music and you want to use two SIMs, thoguh.

Edited by Farangwithaplan
  • Thanks 1

I bought the Xiaomi Mi A1 32 GB GLOBAL version on Lazada, from the Xiaomi Shop I think, a few months ago for 4,990.

It can take two SIMs or one SIM+uSD card (up to 128 GB). You can choose the preferred SIM for cellular data, calls, SMS. 

I'd recommend getting the Global version (red label on the box). 32 GB is fine, if you run 2 SIMs you can always back photos up to the cloud, or one SIM plus a uSD card.

It's a great phone; just got 8.1/June 5 patch a few days ago, works well in the U.S. on band 4 LTE. It's my travel/back-up phone. I can't seem to get VoLTE working - it should work - but haven't messed around with it much. It's an Android One phone, so stock Android...assume you're familiar with the concept?

xioamimia1.jpg

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Th MI A1 has two slots for SIM. One of the slots is a SIM / Micro SD card slot combo.. So you can use either two SIMs or one SIM and One Micro SD card.

3-เลือก-2
Nano-SIM/MicroSD

Great phone for the price. If you are handy with Android software you can improve the camera a great deal by loading the Google camera as well.

I would search for the 64gb version if you take a lot of photos or have movies and music and you want to use two SIMs, thoguh.

Thank you so much ! I didn't know about the 3-CHOOSE-2 (do they call it like this in English ?)

And good idea to buy the 64gb when using 2 sim cards !

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I bought the Xiaomi Mi A1 32 GB GLOBAL version on Lazada, from the Xiaomi Shop I think, a few months ago for 4,990.

It can take two SIMs or one SIM+uSD card (up to 128 GB). You can choose the preferred SIM for cellular data, calls, SMS. 

I'd recommend getting the Global version (red label on the box). 32 GB is fine, if you run 2 SIMs you can always back photos up to the cloud, or one SIM plus a uSD card.

It's a great phone; just got 8.1/June 5 patch a few days ago, works well in the U.S. on band 4 LTE. It's my travel/back-up phone. I can't seem to get VoLTE working - it should work - but haven't messed around with it much. It's an Android One phone, so stock Android...assume you're familiar with the concept?

xioamimia1.jpg

For 1000 thb more, the 64gb version is a better choice.

But why use this great phone only as travel phone ?!

Thanks again.

It isn't a perfect phone, but for the price not much comes close. The Moto G phones used to be classed as the best bang for buck phones, but I this thr MI A1 takes that crown.

I find the screen isn't quite bright enough in open daylight. I use in on my bike for google maps and although I can see it okay, more brightness would help. Indoors it is fine.

Cheap headphones 16 ohms specifically have a very low level audible sound. You can't hear it with music playing but in times of silence, you can.. Apparently this has been fixed in a software update though.

Some people have said the sound recording in video mode isn't great. There is a software fix for it though.

It is missing a few standard telephone bands used in some countries in certain areas by some telecoms... Check it out if you travel a lot. Fine in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gaff said:

For 1000 thb more, the 64gb version is a better choice.

But why use this great phone only as travel phone ?!

At the time I bought it the price difference was closer to 2,500 THB, and I couldn't be sure that was a Global version. Xiaomi does have their own store-front on Lazada/TH.

My application is single SIM, so I can use a uSD card, and 32 GB is not a limiting feature for me.

I use it as a back-up and a travel phone (and a loaner for people visiting Thailand, and for colleagues/friends going to the U.S.), but honestly I use it most often as an audio-book player. I use BT headphones. I originally bought to replace my old iPod Nano, but it did grow on me.

I am currently on a brief trip to the U.S. and it works really well with my U.S. provider: T-Mobile on Band  (1700/2100) LTE.

My daily driver is another Android One phone: Nokia 7 Plus. My Nokia 7 Plus had Android 8.1 back in April, a full three months before Xiaomi managed to finally drop their release.

Motorola supposedly has one or two new Android One models coming out this year.

• Like 1