National Archives to record historical events of “Tham Luang 13”

webfact

National Archives to record historical events of “Tham Luang 13”

By Thai PBS

Tham-Luang-Khun-Nam-Nang-Non-13.jpg

The National Archives of Thailand, an agency under the Fine Arts Department of the Culture Ministry, has been instructed to collect and preserve records on the history-making search and rescue of the 12 young footballers and their coach trapped in Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai’s Mae Sai district.

Vira Rojpojchanarat, the Minister of Culture, said he had instructed the National Archives of Thailand to send its officials to record events and images of the search and rescue operation which has drawn worldwide attention.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/national-archives-record-historical-events-tham-luang-13/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-07-05

Though a bit late to recognise the historical significance of this event. It's great that it has finally been acknowledged. 

This evacuation and rescue will be recorded in history books around the world. 

I expect a rise in tourism next year too. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

And I am sure, they will do it with all the accuracy, Thai-historical events are always told and taught!

I bet, the heroic efforts by the English- divers will take all front and center!

:coffee1:

Really?

1 minute ago, simon43 said:

Solly krap.  No English diver krap. Thai diver speak English with boys...

"...sa-peak..."

Please get your Thai right!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DM07 said:

And I am sure, they will do it with all the accuracy, Thai-historical events are always told and taught!

I bet, the heroic efforts by the English- divers will take all front and center!

:coffee1:

I am sure that the Thai history books will record that 'Heroic and selfless Thai rescuers [which they are] found their way to the cave shelf where the boys were stuck and liberated them.' The Thai history books will then have a footnote or a set of brackets containing the words: '(Some foreigners also assisted').' That will be it!