WOW ! Right beside me today

BEVUP

Bringing young lad home from school

On a single lane each way rd, but a wide one

As I always do when approaching the Moo Baan, I keep hard on the center line giving plenty of indicating time ( turning right ),so the cars can pass on the left.

But today an event happened. I just heard the bang & seen the end result as I was concentrating on turning.

So as I was waiting to turn apparently a school kid on a Motor bike was coming down the left hand side on the edge of the rd, but a pickup full of workers came through at a pace & shoved the bike of the rd ( wife can't beleive it, neither could i as it was right beside her ).

So heard the bang (<deleted> ) & then seen the bike & lad flying by with the bike down & a bit of dibre 

But all ok as the motor bike lad got up looking at his grazed elbow 

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

I want a diagram.

There hard enough for delivery guys, & I don't want to be laughed at again

I also see someone wiped out my 3 letters - I thought I was being discrete 

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

That's why I have dashcams front and rear.

I reckon the bike was hit in line with the L/H side rear door, I don't think the dash cam would of got it as I was amazed the bike didn't travel far before stopping

There's a colvert on the left & a bridge crossing it at that location

About 4 hrs ago i was travelling on a 2 lane each way divided Hwy and there was heaps of traffic in both lanes...well as it was a highway we were all travelling about 100klms per hour, when i heard a noise like a large truck approaching...It wasnt, it was a guy on a motorbike coming through between myself and a car beside me in the other lane ...he came through that fast, it felt like we were standing still. he would have had to be doing 160klms at least, going on how quick it all happened...he was gone like a flash ahead of us, ducking between cars...gee it was good to get home and close the gate....

• Like 1

I was glad they didn't wipe out my left hand side as the wife was in the front & lad in the back obviously on that side 

It was just one of those accidents (actually not ) since the pickup just ran right the back end of the bike  shoved him of the road, you wouldn't think that could happen since i gave early indication & left plenty of room on the left.

15 minutes ago, weegee said:

About 4 hrs ago i was travelling on a 2 lane each way divided Hwy and there was heaps of traffic in both lanes...well as it was a highway we were all travelling about 100klms per hour, when i heard a noise like a large truck approaching...It wasnt, it was a guy on a motorbike coming through between myself and a car beside me in the other lane ...he came through that fast, it felt like we were standing still. he would have had to be doing 160klms at least, going on how quick it all happened...he was gone like a flash ahead of us, ducking between cars...gee it was good to get home and close the gate....

I take it you've never driven on the Paris ring ?

2 minutes ago, weegee said:

Nope ....good fun hey?

You bet, what you describe is a daily occurrence on the Paris ring road, with big bikes going at high speed between the cars during morning rush.

Sure there are some youtubes about

• Like 1