The week that was in Thailand news: Euphoria gives way to reality

rooster59

1 hour ago, Soi Dog said:

very well done.  I have lived here for 17 years and the whole cave episode has been Thailand at the best I’ve seen during all that time.  

I love your avatar.

I must admit the boys in a cave story has been utterly riveting. I was one of the readers who believed the boys could not have survived their ordeal but was elated when proved wrong. It's hard to imagine them being evacuated successfully, but I am as hopeful as anyone else that they are going to emerge from the cave alive at some stage during the next few days. The efforts of the rescuers, both Thai and foreign, throughout the whole ordeal has been admirable. There is every reason to cling to hope that this dangerous rescue effort can be successfully accomplished. Faith in the strength of the human spirit and the skills and professionalism of the rescuers almost demands a suspension of disbelief and pessimism. 

As you say, the episode has been Thailand at its best. I wish the boys and rescue team the very best of luck. This has just got to have a happy ending.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:34 AM, Spock said:

I love your avatar.

I must admit the boys in a cave story has been utterly riveting. I was one of the readers who believed the boys could not have survived their ordeal but was elated when proved wrong. It's hard to imagine them being evacuated successfully, but I am as hopeful as anyone else that they are going to emerge from the cave alive at some stage during the next few days. The efforts of the rescuers, both Thai and foreign, throughout the whole ordeal has been admirable. There is every reason to cling to hope that this dangerous rescue effort can be successfully accomplished. Faith in the strength of the human spirit and the skills and professionalism of the rescuers almost demands a suspension of disbelief and pessimism. 

As you say, the episode has been Thailand at its best. I wish the boys and rescue team the very best of luck. This has just got to have a happy ending.

Indeed, the organisation of the rescue effort has seen sterling performance by those actually in charge. I doubt any country could have done better.

I never doubted they would be rescued, but thought more likely by a bore hole, and resupply through the cave. I admit I may have been too pessimistic as to untrained boys being taken out underwater.

Respect to everyone involved.