Back to back visa exempt stays

Hi. Is it possible to leave Thailand and return the same day on visa exempt stamp? I had a 1year ED visa. Now I am waiting for my wife's work permit to get through in order to get spouse visa. So I need to leave country before the papers are ready. Should it be a problem to return same day on visa exempt stamp 30 days?

I cannot comment on policies today, because they are subject to change at any time. But I lived in Thailand for seven years, while consulting throughout the region. During that time, I survived here on 30-day visa exempt stamps — which was never a problem, since my longest continual stay here was 18 days. 

Most of of my trips were overnight. But I do remember making one day trip to Vientiane for a meeting. I re-entered Thailand on a visa exempt stamp without incident.  FYI, I was wearing a suit at the time. That may seem like an irrelevant detail, but perhaps not.

On 7/7/2018 at 6:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

No problem to leave and re-enter the country for a 30 day visa exempt entry on the same day.

As long as it's not via Poipet.

The 2 visa exempt per year rule seems to have less relevance at this particular border.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1395920320731833?view=permalink&id=2139139373076587

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Avoid Poipet for in-outs unless you like playing lottery.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1