PM visits Phuket to insist on better boat safety

snoop1130

PM visits Phuket to insist on better boat safety

By The Thaiger

1.jpeg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered that every missing passenger from the sunken “Phoenix” boat must be found.

He has also directed officials to take care of all Chinese survivors and their families as their guests.

“Measures to prevent a similar disaster must be implemented immediately. Every boat must follow official warnings,” he insisted.

2.jpeg

The prime minister did not mince words when he spoke publicly on Monday, after arriving at Chalong Pier at 1pm.

“I wanted to come here many days ago, but I have many things to attend to, as you know. We currently have two major incidents – the Phuket boats sinking and the footballers’ evacuation in Chiang Rai.

3.jpeg

“I have met with the Chinese Ambassador Lyu Jian. China hasn’t put any pressure on us or made any special requests. He only asks Thais to take care of those that were injured and look after the families who have flown in to repatriate the deceased, as best as we can.

“We both understand that Thailand and China have had a good standing for more than one hundred years. We are working based on international standards for the recovery and investigation. We are also taking care of every nationality visiting Thailand,” the PM said.

4.jpeg

“The most important thing is to prevent an incident like this happening again. It involves the cooperation of tour operators, who must follow the law. More tourists are coming, risk will be increased. We have to prepare and check everything. This entire process of marine safety must be reviewed,” he stressed.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30349688

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-7-9
  • Thanks 1

He should have sorted this problem out years ago. What about his so called "PROMISE" to get rid of corruption ? We all know the beaches and harbours are a prime source of illegal activities and always have been.  He turned a blind eye to it all. Now there is an International disaster involving Chinese tourists he wants to get involved, only cos he licks ar$e with the Chinese government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“I wanted to come here many days ago, but I have many things to attend to, as you know. We currently have two major incidents – the Phuket boats sinking and the footballers’ evacuation in Chiang Rai.

The man has the tact even Donald Trump would find appalling.  He should only speak of this tragedy while there.  The trapped children have the best possible care available.   These people did not have that.  Instead they have horror of what should have been a wonderful holiday. 

• Like 1