Thousands of illegal migrant workers deported from Thailand

geovalin

Poipet city, Banteay Meanchey province – The sound of vehicles and crowds were deafening across this bustling border town near the Poipet International Border Checkpoint yesterday.

As a truck loaded with 40 people came to a stop at a migrant worker holding centre in the city, Cha Chhean, 32, holding her nine-year-old son’s hand, stepped out of the Thai truck. Ms Chhean looked desperate as she was sitting at the holding centre with dozens of other deportees from Thailand, pondering what to do next.

“My husband and my younger brother went to Thailand with my fellow villagers through an unofficial checkpoint since Pchum Ben [in October],” Ms Chheang said. “We went to Thailand to work as construction workers because our family has a small plot of farm land, so if we do farming, we could not make ends meet.”

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50511479/thousands-of-illegal-migrant-workers-deported-from-thailand/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 13/07

Sympathy Ms Chhean and can understand your plight. 

However going to another country with better working conditions is not a long term solution for your people.  Change must come within. 

It's one of the reasons Europeans are getting sick of the afro/muslim invasion for the 'benefits'.  These goodies weren't dictated by god..... They were fought for over generations and many lives lost in the process. Should not be given away on demand. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Sympathy Ms Chhean and can understand your plight. 

However going to another country with better working conditions is not a long term solution for your people.  Change must come within. 

It's one of the reasons Europeans are getting sick of the afro/muslim invasion for the 'benefits'.  These goodies weren't dictated by god..... They were fought for over generations and many lives lost in the process. Should not be given away on demand. 

I thought ASEAN allowed free movement of labour