German allegedly overstayed visa for nine years, 55 others arrested in latest X-Ray Outlaw foreigner raids

webfact

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Do the police conduct their raids by jumping from a parachute ?....all those boys posing and grinning in their black paratrooper uniforms makes, one wonder.. ? ?

The Thai military has the greatest number of paratroopers in the world.

And they have never been used...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vacuum said:

Well, 8000 in one year is still peanuts. I'm sure some  members are spending this amount in one night at their favourite barstool (barfine included).

Lets not forget the 90 day report trips as well I wish I was one of those that bar fine and sit on a stool  Still I get your Meaning and thanks for Comment 

1 minute ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Lets not forget the 90 day report trips as well I wish I was one of those that bar fine and sit on a stool  Still I get your Meaning and thanks for Comment 

I use the post office for the 90 day stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alzack said:

.../...

The reply " He must come every year"  I decided then, at that point, in the future if I got like that I would just give up with Immigration runs,over stay just hide out Crazy country

AFAIK, if you get a medical certificate  attesting you can' t come/move, they can process your paper without you. Somebody holding a power of attorner (?) can do it for you. A friend of mine did it for a  catholic priest in Nakorn Pathom, few years ago.

As Thailand is bottom of the ASEAN English speaking league I can only summise that they have been wasting their time as English language teachers.

Particularly in my experience as they come from non native English speaking countries or are just funding their own RTW agenda. 

The agencies are to blame as is the Thai vested interest ED system.

I overstayed my visa for many years. I saved a lot of money doing it but I was always worried when I went through a police checkpoint. know for a fact there are guys out there who have overstayed longer but haven't been caught.  They're really good at staying hidden.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

Sorry, didn´t think about that. Yeah, you are right! I guess he will say he have no money and stay in IDC with a smile on his face. :cheesy:

Just think before your rant, how many people would you say that are locked up in IDC have a smile on there face

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ancharee said:

Just think before your rant, how many people would you say that are locked up in IDC have a smile on there face

Actually only the ones that see it as a better option then going back to Merkeland.

However, as I hope you are well aware of, nobody has to stay in the IDC. That is a risk only stupid people take when they do not follow the rules in the country they go to.
So, in other words, I will say that staying 9 years without a visa in Thailand is stupid, and that this guy deservs the punishment. And I preserve myself the right to have fun about it.

7 hours ago, missoura said:

I am guessing he may have a family, a house and the whole nine yards. Part of me feels sympathy for the man, but he has no one to blame but himself. Sad really.

Guess you have right except for the house as if he "own" a house the required 400-800thb (married/single) to be showed annualy for a 1 year visa should not be any issue which it seems to have been….

Edited by ttrd

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

There are a few foreigners that are of the criminal element the overstay their visa. 

Most have thai wives and families to support so teach language  to do that. They don't have the 400000 needed to make a visa. Their language teaching and support of a Thai family is usually of great benefit to the development of the country. Most of the time the Thais are shooting themselves in the foot in this case scenario.

Not very good criminals are they. 

7 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Do the police conduct their raids by jumping from a parachute ?....all those boys posing and grinning in their black paratrooper uniforms makes, one wonder.. ? ?

I thought this too until reading about the RTP cadet who died due to a malfunctioning 'chute.

So, if they have completed the training and a successful jump, aren't they entitled to their wings?

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

There are a few foreigners that are of the criminal element the overstay their visa. 

Most have thai wives and families to support so teach language  to do that. They don't have the 400000 needed to make a visa. Their language teaching and support of a Thai family is usually of great benefit to the development of the country. Most of the time the Thais are shooting themselves in the foot in this case scenario.

If you work "legally" as a teacher then you dont have any issue, but if you "dont" work legally then you are considerered as a lawbreaker and a criminal despite the fact that you are supporting Your thai Family.... 

3 minutes ago, ttrd said:

If you work "legally" as a teacher then you dont have any issue, but if you "dont" work legally then you are considerered as a lawbreaker and a criminal despite the fact that you are supporting Your thai Family.... 

Not considered.... You ARE a law breaker. 

33 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Actually only the ones that see it as a better option then going back to Merkeland.

However, as I hope you are well aware of, nobody has to stay in the IDC. That is a risk only stupid people take when they do not follow the rules in the country they go to.
So, in other words, I will say that staying 9 years without a visa in Thailand is stupid, and that this guy deservs the punishment. And I preserve myself the right to have fun about it.

I say again you still think people locked up in IDC have a smile on there face, I fully understand why you have a smile on your face and also enjoy having fun hearing about someone's misfortune,  it just sums you up

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

And how much does that certification cost? 

I never post much on this forum, but this is so true I was in HUA HIN immigration a while back and one guy was wearing UKSF wings I asked him where he got them he said from customer was the reply! 

• Like 1