How Was I To Know, I Can't Read Your Mind

garro

I sometimes teasingly answer my girlfriends questions by answering ผมจะรูอย่างไรผมไม่ไช่หมอดู (pom ja ruu yang rai, pom mai chai maw duu), 'How would I know, I am not a fortune teller'.

While this is useful in many cases I would also like to say; 'How was I to know, I can't read your mind'

Any ideas?

I hope the Thai script has come out okay as I am still getting used to my new Mac computer.

The Thai script does not work here.. it comes out as jibberish.

As for "I can't read (your) mind" that would be [R]phom [L]ja [H]ruu [F]dai [L]yaang [M]rai [L]aan [L]jid ([M]khun) [F]mai [M]bpen ผมจะรู้ได้อย่างไร อ่านจิต (คุณ) ไม่เป็น.

I sometimes teasingly answer my girlfriends questions by answering ผมจะรูอย่างไรผมไม่ไช่หมอà¸"ู (pom ja ruu yang rai, pom mai chai maw duu), 'How would I know, I am not a fortune teller'.

While this is useful in many cases I would also like to say; 'How was I to know, I can't read your mind'

Any ideas?

I hope the Thai script has come out okay as I am still getting used to my new Mac computer.

One of the advantages of listening to Thais who dont speak English very well is that they are brilliant at teaching Thai. What I think we tend to do is replace the words we would use in English and they do the same coming from Thai. Lets call her 'Nit' How about; "will know how Nit" or "will know how you think what Nit" for "how was I to know" or "how can I tell what you are thinking" Its not perfect Thai it leaves out the obvious pronoun but I think if you don't need it, leave it out. Oh a "crap" or "crap coon" at the end in other situations and it aint Nit.

I sometimes teasingly answer my girlfriends questions by answering ผมจะรูอย่างไรผมไม่ไช่หมอà¸"ู (pom ja ruu yang rai, pom mai chai maw duu), 'How would I know, I am not a fortune teller'.

Any ideas?

One of the advantages of listening to Thais who dont speak English very well is that they are brilliant at teaching Thai. What I think we tend to do is replace the words we would use in English and they do the same coming from Thai. Lets call her 'Nit' How about; "will know how Nit" or "will know how you think what Nit" for "how was I to know" or "how can I tell what you are thinking" Its not perfect Thai it leaves out the obvious pronoun but I think if you don't need it, leave it out. Oh a "crap" or "crap coon" at the end in other situations and it aint Nit.

Tgeezer,

I think you forgot to add Thai to your examples?

cheers ITR

Any ideas?

Tgeezer,

I think you forgot to add Thai to your examples?

cheers ITR

not really you just put english equivelent in eg. จะ รู้ อย่างไร นิด that took ages. without the gaps of course. looking at it it's actually what he wrote. can you say mindreader in Thai? I know that you can say it in Thai words but does it mean the same? sometimes the Thaigrit is no use.

I sometimes teasingly answer my girlfriends questions by answering ผมจะรูอย่างไรผมไม่ไช่หมอดู (pom ja ruu yang rai, pom mai chai maw duu), 'How would I know, I am not a fortune teller'.

Any ideas?

'How was I to know, I can't read your mind'

- ผมจะรู้ได้ยังไง ผมอ่านใจคุณไม่ออกหรอก

pŏm jà róo dâai yang ngai, pŏm àan jai koon mâi òk ròk

Or, you can say ' How was I know, who could read your mind?'

-ผมจะรู้ได้ยังไง ใครจะไปอ่านใจคุณได้

pŏm jà róo dâai yang ngai, krai jà bpai àan jai koon dâai