Macbtv

jazzbo

Just to show you how fascinating this could be, I decided to borrow a few tidbits from the movie EdTV --don't worry I get out of the hospital tomorrow which is one of the few things more boring than a day in the life of Burriram/Huairat -- except maybe re-runs of 'Ozzie and Harriet'

ED: I said, "why in the world would anyone want to be on TV all day long, no privacy, everybody knowing your business, exposing every single detail of your life I mean... why would anyone

want to do that? But then I thought of a reason...(loudly) Why the hel_l not?

ENTERTAINMENT REPORTER: Tomorrow morning, the cable channel known as Real TV, begins broadcasting one of the most heavily promoted concepts in the history of cable television...

They're going to follow -- live -- every waking minute of a thirty-one year old video store clerk from Paramus New Jersey. The Real TV press release on this promises that none of it will be scripted, none of it will be edited and in my opinion, NONE OF IT WILL BE INTERESTING... we're all just supposed to sit in front of our TV's and watch how this guy... lives.

ANCHOR: (to the Entertainment Reporter): What would be the interest here? What would... get people to tune in?

ENTERTAINMENT REPORTER: Beats me.

SIDEKICK: I don't know. I might check it out.

ANCHOR: Well, Len's here to check out sports. Len, would you watch this video clerk?

LEN: I'd sooner watch soccer.

We next see Ed, in bed, sleeping. His ALARM RINGS and he wakes up.

He's groggy from sleep. Instinctively, he begins SCRATCHING his balls. As he does, it hits him that this is not a normal morning. He looks up and sees two steady-cam guys at the foot of his bed, aiming their cameras at him. Ed, then, looks at his hand on his balls. Gently, he moves his hand away.

Ed is sitting up on the kitchen counter eating his Pop-tarts and a bowl of cereal.

ED (nervously): Some people like to put the milk in first and then the cereal. I like to put in the milk first - I mean the cereal first and then the milk. Yeah, that's it. Now, watch this...

A KITCHEN - SAME TIME: A WOMAN is serving dinner. She's watching Ed on TV -- really just glancing at it. Her HUSBAND is helping her bring the food to the table.

HUSBAND: Why are we watching this?

WIFE (a little guilty): No reason. just... I just want to see what happens.

HUSBAND: Nothing's gonna happen. He's just...working.

WIFE: Oh, come on, they wouldn't put it on if NOTHING was gonna happen.

He changes the channel. She changes it back. He doesn't get it at all.

So tune in tomorrow when MacB takes out the trash BEFORE breakfast instead of the usual AFTER breakfast. Next Macb and da missus take an exciting trip to the BigC to buy nappies ...and if there's anything else interesting, we'll stick it HERE!

Just have him do his posting on MySpace.com with a million adolescents who like to write about themselves. He can link back to here if he wants...Rupert Murdoch can afford to store 100,000 posts with pictures.

BTW I did not mean to imply that life in a village is boring, only READING about it is.

so who told u to read it then, ever heard of the little x button in the right hand corner of your screen, u can close the page too u know...

i like prosaic life. i live in a country where the evening news is a little more sensational then mad buffalo plows rice in wrong direction. so i like reading prosaic. i am waiting to live in prosaic. anyway its a hel_l of a lot different than kibbuzt life... even if my life reads like a tellanovella (soap opera) nowadays..

bina

Thank you, Ms. Bina, although this has nothing to do with the rural life -- my family business was in agriculture and I once lived as caretaker on a near 1000 hectare cattle ranch in California where there was only one other neighbor -- another ranch -- within 5km. I worked for several years with the PR China ag minisitry and saw tracts so large and remote most of Israel would fit in them...And this has nothing to do with anyone's right to post anything, and, another's perfect right not to read it.

This has to do with manners, etiquette, treating another's post with respect and a little acknowledgment to someone else's efforts both online and in substance before you start talking about your own similar activities...

And on a post a few months back mr. macb delivered one of the worst snubs I have seen on this forum or anywhere else short of calling someone 'stupid' or some other pejorative. I said nothing back then but now, since I am stuck in the hospital for a week but with wi-fi, and since this otherwise, I assume, gentleman continues his 10 post a day average, I decided to have a little fun at his expense without saying anything negative about the gentleman himself...the forum page is still there

But I go home today where I blessedly have no direct internet hook-up (thus my 25 posts in 3 years on ThaiVisa.com) -- and will probably revert to that contribution level. TV is a great source of information for those new to Thailand or Asia, those who have questions, and those old-hands who just want to SHARE experiences from like-minded individuals...

Just a cyber tip-of-the-hat is easy, costs nothing, but goes a long way...

Don't worry folks..........it's only a septic. They don't go to the rural countryside and watch people living in harmony. They invade it and shoot everyone, in case the farmer has a nuclear weapon in his hay pile. :o

You carry on Supermac, keep up the good work.

Edited by lampard10

From the Forum Rules:

Excessive, aggressive posts against other members, moderators and admin; or flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

As the intent of this thread is solely to insult another TV member, it is clearly in violation of the Rules.

/Closed.