Missing jet-ski rider’s body recovered at Koh Yao Yai

webfact

Missing jet-ski rider’s body recovered at Koh Yao Yai

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1532262387_1-org.jpg

Mr Koet’s body was brought back to Phuket earlier today (July 22). Photo: Pa Khlok rescue workers

PHUKET: Rescue workers who have been searching for 25-year-old Koset ‘Oat’ Deebukdam, who disappeared while riding a jet-ski off Naka Yai Island after he was caught in the storm that hit Phuket late Tuesday afternoon, are hoping the search is over.

Thalang District Chief Adul Chuthong confirmed the news today (July 22).

Mr Adul explained that he had been informed  by Civil Defense Volunteers (OrSor) carrying out the search and the rescue centre set up by the Pa Khlok Municipality that a body matching the description of Mr Koset.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/missing-jet-ski-rider-body-recovered-at-koh-yao-yai-67978.php#bfjoj5z1B6PPOqef.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-07-23

Based on local rumours, I would say Phuket News got the story right.

Thaiger claimed that the body was found yesterday next to Koh Naka.

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/body-of-phuket-jet-ski-staffer-found-in-phang-nga-bay

The body of the jet-ski staffer who disappeared in a Phuket storm around the Naka Island area last Tuesday (July 17) was found today (July 22) in Phang Nga Bay.

The Thalang District Chief Adul Chootong  was notified by rescue workers at 10am this morning that the body of 31 year old Koset ‘Oat’ Deebukkam was found floating face down on Baan An Pao Beach at Naka Noi Island in Phang Nga Bay.

The original news report states he was not wearing a life jacket and cannot swim and yet he was working for a jet ski hire company and riding jet skis?  I never ceased to be amazed, but that doesn't detract from the fact that is it an unfortunate loss of life.  RIP 'Oat'.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Another victim who dies at sea in Phuket.....not such good omen these days to be around there !

RIP to the deceased.

Not a victim as the result was to be expected.

And why RIP? Did you know him? What's the point? If anything, we should be saying thank you. 

No, I am not mean spirited or nasty, but I ask you to consider this;

1. The operation of the jetskis  on the island of Phuket is illegal under the current law(s).

2. The jetski operations have caused environmental damage and ripped off consumers for decades.

3. The people employed in the jetski operations are not nice people. They are engaged in an illegal activity that profits from wrongful acts.

Would you say RIP when a burglar falls off a balcony he was scaling while engaged in a breakin?

Would you say RIP when a drunk driver kills himself?

Would you say RIP when an illegal fisherman/poacher drowns?

Would you say RIP when  an illegal logger cuts off a limb and bleeds to death?

If not, why then here?

Quote Geriatrickid:

Not a victim as the result was to be expected.

And why RIP? Did you know him? What's the point? If anything, we should be saying thank you. 

No, I am not mean spirited or nasty, but I ask you to consider this;

1. The operation of the jetskis  on the island of Phuket is illegal under the current law(s).

2. The jetski operations have caused environmental damage and ripped off consumers for decades.

3. The people employed in the jetski operations are not nice people. They are engaged in an illegal activity that profits from wrongful acts.

Would you say RIP when a burglar falls off a balcony he was scaling while engaged in a breakin?

Would you say RIP when a drunk driver kills himself?

Would you say RIP when an illegal fisherman/poacher drowns?

Would you say RIP when  an illegal logger cuts off a limb and bleeds to death?

If not, why then here?

hello and to answer you,

• maybe for a child rapist and murderer I would not say RIP...definately not in fact...
  • agree that the jetski rowdys are a bunch of crooks......but who are the crooks ? those who indulge in such activity out of opportunity due to stupid tourists who do not take account of the many warnings against the Thai jetski mafia,........ or the corrupt officials who just close their eyes and allow ?
  • environmental damage ?...definately...but consider 1 sole cargo or supertanker sea vessel..just one... that crosses the globe and perhaps delivered the computer, the TV or fridge you are actually using....., it pollutes as much as tens of millions of cars in one full year (don't have the exact figures and stats)
  • as for the burglar falling off, I may not send money to his family, but I definately would not rejoice in the chap dying..suppose it was just another stupid kid ?
  • an illegal fisherman ? well considering all the very decent and socially integrated people who must be feeding on the illegal fisheries sold to restaurants, who am I to judge ?
  • why RIP here ? ... well I guess out of netiquette, politeness and out of the fact that I cannot dance a gig and rejoice on the death of some miserable careless chap on his jetski,...

Hope I could answer the question and have a nice evening. :jap:

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1