extension

Hello,

wanted to ask what is best to do in my situation, my extension of SETV from Vientiane ends tomorrow, before this year I also used SETV with extension but from Sweden, I am planning to apply for Elite visa but there is no time to do it on time, I would need about month to do it comfortably, maybe less. So what is the best easy way here - do another run to Laos for one more SETV or maybe I can do run to Cambodia or Myanmar  which is closer to Bangkok and get visa on boarder for 15 days and then extend it if needed. Nationality - Latvia. 

Your best bet would be another SETV. You should be able to get another from Vientiane if you only have one so far.

If you enter under VOA you will only get 15 days and can't extend. If you try to extend they will give you 7 days to leave the country, which will cost 1,900 baht..

36 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Your best bet would be another SETV. You should be able to get another from Vientiane if you only have one so far.

If you enter under VOA you will only get 15 days and can't extend. If you try to extend they will give you 7 days to leave the country, which will cost 1,900 baht..

thanks, but maybe these 15 days would be sufficient, need to check today with Elite, and think

1 hour ago, Terek said:

thanks, but maybe these 15 days would be sufficient, need to check today with Elite, and think

Since you are from Sweden you will get a 30 day visa exempt entry at a land border crossing that can be extended for 30 day at immigration. You do not qualify for a 15 day visa on arrival since you are not from one of the 21 countries that can apply for it.

Edit: Oops not enough coffee yet. First line through me off. 

You can only get the visa on arrival at certain border crossings. The only crossing to Myanmar close to Bangkok is Mae Sot and for Cambodia it is Poi Pet.

I think your best option is to get a single entry tourist visa. It can take up to 2 weeks for a Thai Elite application to be approved and then a while longer to complete the process.

You could apply for a extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it is denied. Then do a border run for a 15 day VOA and get another 7 days to leave that would give you almost a month of stay.

Edited by ubonjoe

1 hour ago, Terek said:

IMHO you should prepare for a "worst-case" scenario in case Elite make you some promise today, which, in the event, they prove unable to deliver. In these circumstances a further SETV would appear to be your safest course of action, as already advised.