Where to buy Pu erh tea in Chiang Mai?

falangUK

HI, 

Is there a local place where I can get some Pu?

From what I've read CM used to (still on) the southern silk road, with many traders coming from yunan to CM for selling tea. 

Ordered some from yunnan sourcing, but then found out that I can get cheaper on amazon. 

TIA

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Did you try the different locations?  Think I saw it awhile ago at Rimping by Ping River....also maybe Maya

As Im always looking to score some tea s well..used to be a fancy shop by JJ Market area...might be gone  ?

Just Rimping Maya, will try nr Ping. 

Read about the teashop in Kad Luang / Warrorot, might try and look for it ?

There is a small selection of Pu Ehr at Tops ( 5 or 6 different kinds ), however it is in teabags rather than in cake form, or loose tea.

I also bought some online, pm me if you want the website details.

Phil

You didn't specify what sort of Pu'erh tea you were looking for?

Cake, brick, loose, tuo? Did you want Sheng? Or Shou?  Aged or fresh?

While you can find some nice Pu'erh in the Warrarote area (cake and tuo)  if you look closely, your bet bet, if your truly love Pu'erh, is to order it on line. This shop carries perhaps the largest selection of Pu'erh I've ever seen, as well as wonderful black teas, too.

It will be very hard to get genuine aged puerh tea anywhere in Chiang Mai.  A lot of fake or new Puerh tea that has been processed to look old.

For genuine aged (up to 40 years) Puerh tea in Thailand have a look at this blog:

www.theguidetopuerhtea.blogspot.com

Not cheap but genuine.

7 hours ago, pilou said:

There is a small selection of Pu Ehr at Tops ( 5 or 6 different kinds ), however it is in teabags rather than in cake form, or loose tea.

I also bought some online, pm me if you want the website details.

Phil

Which branch? Couldn't find at KSK ?
Is the store https://yunnansourcing.com/collections/pu-erh-tea ?

7 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

You didn't specify what sort of Pu'erh tea you were looking for?

Cake, brick, loose, tuo? Did you want Sheng? Or Shou?  Aged or fresh?

While you can find some nice Pu'erh in the Warrarote area (cake and tuo)  if you look closely, your bet bet, if your truly love Pu'erh, is to order it on line. This shop carries perhaps the largest selection of Pu'erh I've ever seen, as well as wonderful black teas, too.

Any type ? 

you can find some nice Pu'erh in the Warrarote area (cake and tuo) > do you have the location? ? I always get rather intimidated by the sheer choice and the heat!. 

6 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

It will be very hard to get genuine aged puerh tea anywhere in Chiang Mai.  A lot of fake or new Puerh tea that has been processed to look old.

For genuine aged (up to 40 years) Puerh tea in Thailand have a look at this blog:

www.theguidetopuerhtea.blogspot.com

Not cheap but genuine.

will check thanks!

Sorry. Pu'erh isn't a favorite of mine, so when I see it, I don't make a mental note where.

I bought some 20yr old cake from the company I listed, and for Pu'erh, it was very good. But I prefer a good Keemun or an extra-smokey Lapsang Suchong. I order both of these from a different shop located in NYC. (McNulty's Tea & Coffee)

Archived