Canadian, Aussie, Brit hospitalised after crash

geovalin

Seven foreign tourists were hospitalised in Siem Reap province yesterday after the minibus they were travelling in overturned during a single-vehicle crash on National Road 6 in Banteay Meanchey province’s Preah Net Preah district. The victims suffered minor injuries and police are investigating the incident to determine whether or not it was caused by negligence on the part of the minibus driver, who fled the scene after the crash and remains at large.

Preah Net Preah district police officer Proeng Vichet said yesterday that the seven foreigners were from the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. “The accident happened in Toek Cho commune. It was a minibus full of foreigners,” Mr Vichet said. “The passengers suffered minor injuries, and they were sent to a hospital in Siem Reap because it was closer to the scene.”

Toek Cho commune chief Sin Oun said yesterday that an investigation is now being carried out to determine what caused the accident. Mr Oun noted that no other vehicles were involved.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50515570/seven-foreigners-hospitalised-after-crash/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 26/07

8 hours ago, geovalin said:

Police are investigating the incident to determine whether or not it was caused by negligence on the part of the minibus driver, who fled the scene after the crash and remains at large.

Well ,the cops don't have to investigate this ,,,,Driver done a Runner   Alcohol/Yabba ,,,,

2 hours ago, Netease said:

No, it was the foreigners fault 

Possibly was.

Foreigners seem to believe they have the right to yahoo with impunity etc when they leave good old back home.

Maybe they were drinking and indulging in horseplay and caused distraction to the driver.

No one knows. 

Unlike others I won't jump to conclusions based on my terminal unhappiness at living in another country or worse based on racism. 

The fact is that this is a tragic accident.

Rip

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

Possibly was.

Foreigners seem to believe they have the right to yahoo with impunity etc when they leave good old back home.

Maybe they were drinking and indulging in horseplay and caused distraction to the driver.

No one knows. 

Unlike others I won't jump to conclusions based on my terminal unhappiness at living in another country or worse based on racism. 

The fact is that this is a tragic accident.

Rip

I agree with all you've written.

Except the last 2 lines.

Er, nobody has died dude. Yet.

6 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Unhappiness or racism are but two of a plethora of reasons to jump too conclusions.

another reason would be that we see drivers leg it, on a fairly regular basis, after they have screwed the pooch ( as opposed to staying when they haven’t, perhaps).... this would be a good reason to “jump” to a conclusion wherein the driver was partially or totally responsible ( at fault)

so.... maybe, just maybe, it’s you who is jumping to conclusions about the motivations behind various postings.... just a thought.... which didn’t hurt at all.

11 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

What a champ of a driver, gold medallist in the 100m dash

Lots of competition in the field.... I reckon an event should be organized to see who really gets the gold.

A bus driver a couple of months back, made it seven km or so.... definitely another contender ?