New traffic conditions at the Chalong Circle roadworks

webfact

New traffic conditions at the Chalong Circle roadworks

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

925404.jpg

PHOTOS: Watcharapon Thaveesin

The Phuket Highway Office has announced that the roundabout is closed and traffic is diverted around the construction site, effective until November 18.

The new traffic plans will make the underpass construction faster by diverting traffic away from the actual circle area. The contractor is rushing the work schedule during this period, especially over the low season as there are not as many tourists. More shortcut routes have been opened up with signage to assist drivers.

The new traffic flow at the Chalong circle will be…

-- Drivers heading from Chalong Temple to Rawai (on Chao Fah West) can go straight ahead.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/new-traffic-conditions-at-the-chalong-circle-roadworks

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-07-26

CF W should be alright past the circle, CF East needs to merge in and that will cause big problems with Thais.

I hope the U turns don't block through traffic.

Heading down that way shortly, see how we go.

Good to see some progress finally, even if it's a two steps backwards situation.

Edited by Old Croc

The big jamup remains heading north toward and past the Circle, Has been a nightmare up to now and sure to get worse because of the needed U-turn vs. roundabout. No trips to Rawai or Nai Harn for me until this is over. Travel South not too bad but the return is very, very bad.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

This morning, holiday weekend, all ok.

But also I foresee major issues, the U-turn on Chao Fa West is even for pickups too narrow.

About an hour ago saw a bus doing a U turn just past there by Supercheap. Held up the traffic while he did his turn complete with several reverses

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Valentine said:

About an hour ago saw a bus doing a U turn just past there by Supercheap. Held up the traffic while he did his turn complete with several reverses

With all the buses plying towards Rawai, I can see a major cluster*** on both Chao Fa West and Vichit with these selfish bus drivers doing u turns without a care in the world for others.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steelepulse said:

With all the buses plying towards Rawai, I can see a major cluster*** on both Chao Fa West and Vichit with these selfish bus drivers doing u turns without a care in the world for others.

Viset road should be ok, it is wide enough there. 

19 hours ago, stevenl said:

Viset road should be ok, it is wide enough there. 

Not so sure.  It was already bad at the school where buses turned around and stopped traffic in both directions while doing their 9 point turns.  Now it will only be worse and with motorists having to wait longer coming from Rawai, there's sure to be some tension with these bus drivers not wanting to wait their turn. 

Saw on a local fb group where buses coming from Rawai just driving into the oncoming lane as they didn't want to wait their turn in traffic.

32 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Not so sure.  It was already bad at the school where buses turned around and stopped traffic in both directions while doing their 9 point turns.  Now it will only be worse and with motorists having to wait longer coming from Rawai, there's sure to be some tension with these bus drivers not wanting to wait their turn. 

Saw on a local fb group where buses coming from Rawai just driving into the oncoming lane as they didn't want to wait their turn in traffic.

Believable. I've seen the two north lanes of viset road get turned into five by impatient Thais. Of course those five lanes have to come back to one but they could give a shit about that. There is zero courtesy either. If you have to turn heading north from any of the east side streets they do everything they can to block you out and if you do get it the road rage starts. I had a guy chase me all the way to the chalong police station where he continued his rage unabated by all the dumbfounded cops.