Where to order customized PC in Thailand

sitti

I dont know about online but any of the assemblers in places like Tukcom and similar tech malls will put together a customised machine.

The only thing I would never let them do is install software. Always buy the real thing yourself and install it yourself. It isnt hard.

• Like 2

The Dell Thailand website doesn't let you customise a build, but if contact Dell they'll put you in contact with the Dell dealer, Atom Worldwide, they will order any of the current models to your specifications. I've had two laptops built to order from them, you can either call or email them details on the Atom Worldwide website.

http://www.atomworldwide.com/index.php?route=information/contact

Edited by Stocky

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

The Dell Thailand website doesn't let you customise a build, but if contact Dell they'll put you in contact with the Dell dealer, Atom Worldwide, they will order any of the current models to your specifications. I've had two laptops built to order from them, you can either call or email them details on the Atom Worldwide website.

http://www.atomworldwide.com/index.php?route=information/contact

Thank you of this info!! I'll contact them.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:46 AM, sitti said:

Hello,

Other than Apple, is there any PC vendor that allows you to customize PC online in Thailand? 

Thanks

Apple and customized PC? Do you want A or B, that's their customization...

Lots of shops and individuals customize PCs. The big question is if you know exactly which parts you want or if you want something like a "customized gaming PC". And then there is the budget.

If you know exactly which parts you want all is fine. Just go to a shop and tell them what you want and make sure you get exactly what you want (and not something what they think is same same).

If you have this idea about a customized PC for this or that work or game then this is a lot more complicated because unfortunately lots of business will try to sell you expensive parts which you don't need for what you really want.

If that is the case then I suggest look for a real expert (maybe 1 in 10 shops has one) or start here and tell us what you want to do with your PC.

There are quite a few shops like JIB where you can buy the parts and they will assemble it for you. I bought parts from Invade IT (farang owned webshop) and build my own PC. Not sure if you ever done that if not its better to let them assemble it too. 

Its not that hard to make a game PC (most demanding of all) work PC's are easy and a lot cheaper.

My current PC has a 2tb m2 SSD asus ROG maxiums X mainboard with newest intel processor, water cooling, and a good VGA card. The water cooling was the hard part the rest was easy. (closed system water cooling).

So the question is what do you want to do with the PC.

You probably want a PC that will work. That means that somebody else already must have done some homework for you and corresponding testing. If you really want a top-of-the-art PC, then it will not only be expensive, but then it must also be a well-tested one. To me it makes no sense at all to try to assemble such a system on my own. I could do it, but what if some components do not happen to interact well, especially when it's getting hot inside and outside? I did not go for water cooling yet, my decision, but stayed at the top-level just below water cooling. If you know the owners of a shop it could become a great learning experience, but what will be exaxtly delivered at the end of that learning cycle will just be the very well tested latest top-of-the-art machine which probably was already present somewhere on the shelves of a factory. Otherwise people wouldn't earn money anymore ;-)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/6/2018 at 9:21 PM, jacnl2000 said:

You probably want a PC that will work. That means that somebody else already must have done some homework for you and corresponding testing. If you really want a top-of-the-art PC, then it will not only be expensive, but then it must also be a well-tested one. To me it makes no sense at all to try to assemble such a system on my own. I could do it, but what if some components do not happen to interact well, especially when it's getting hot inside and outside? I did not go for water cooling yet, my decision, but stayed at the top-level just below water cooling. If you know the owners of a shop it could become a great learning experience, but what will be exaxtly delivered at the end of that learning cycle will just be the very well tested latest top-of-the-art machine which probably was already present somewhere on the shelves of a factory. Otherwise people wouldn't earn money anymore ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The current closed systems for water-cooling are perfectly safe and maintenance free. I am not talking about the modular ones but the ones that are already completely build. I got one of those in my computer. The biggest advantage is that its whisper silent and that is worth something to me. Normally the top end PC's get quite hot and so you hear fans a lot but not so much if you have a water-cooling in there. 

As for parts not working together... really that almost never happens unless your a bit stupid or read wrong (almost happend to me). But in general building your own PC is only for those who have done it before. But you can buy all you want and let it assemble at the same shop. That is quite normal in Thailand and then it gets done by people who know what they are doing.

Below random youtube of my water cooling.. as you see its pre made closed system. No messing around yourself.

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

The current closed systems for water-cooling are perfectly safe and maintenance free. I am not talking about the modular ones but the ones that are already completely build. I got one of those in my computer. The biggest advantage is that its whisper silent and that is worth something to me. Normally the top end PC's get quite hot and so you hear fans a lot but not so much if you have a water-cooling in there. 

As for parts not working together... really that almost never happens unless your a bit stupid or read wrong (almost happend to me). But in general building your own PC is only for those who have done it before. But you can buy all you want and let it assemble at the same shop. That is quite normal in Thailand and then it gets done by people who know what they are doing.

Below random youtube of my water cooling.. as you see its pre made closed system. No messing around yourself.

I built my PC with traditional fans. One big CPU cooler and some big regulated fans. I overclocked the CPU for testing to 4.8GHz and the fans still don't make much noise.

And in real life the only situation where the PC would need lots of cooling is by playing a demanding game. That game would likely make a lot of noise. So there are basically no conditions under which fan noise would be a problem.

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I built my PC with traditional fans. One big CPU cooler and some big regulated fans. I overclocked the CPU for testing to 4.8GHz and the fans still don't make much noise.

And in real life the only situation where the PC would need lots of cooling is by playing a demanding game. That game would likely make a lot of noise. So there are basically no conditions under which fan noise would be a problem.

That is your opinion.. mine is different. Dont make much noise.. maybe you and I are different about what consists much noise. Now its completely silent under any stress. I like it that way plus that everything stays much cooler. Needed.. maybe not.. nice to have if you like silence and a cooler computer.. sure. 

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just wanted to add, i don't want to flame you as you obviously know about computers. Its just that some of us have different idea's about what constitutes a silent computer. I sit behind my computer a lot and get annoyed when i hear fans run. Of course when your playing games and have music on you don't hear it that much. Unless you got real bad cooling then with games you do hear your fans going. 

Before I never really used water cooling but bigger fan's than the standard ones on the CPU but even those while an improvement on the standard CPU cooler did get noisy. 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

I just wanted to add, i don't want to flame you as you obviously know about computers. Its just that some of us have different idea's about what constitutes a silent computer. I sit behind my computer a lot and get annoyed when i hear fans run. Of course when your playing games and have music on you don't hear it that much. Unless you got real bad cooling then with games you do hear your fans going. 

Before I never really used water cooling but bigger fan's than the standard ones on the CPU but even those while an improvement on the standard CPU cooler did get noisy. 

Thanks for the update, I didn't feel flamed ?

I know people have different opinions and that's perfectly fine.

Personally I have my aircon on all the time and that makes obviously some noise. It's not much and it's not annoying but it's there. If I would switch the aircon off then probably I would hear my PC fans (just a little). But because the aircon is always on the fans don't matter.

I installed in my PC big size fans and they are all regulated by the motherboard. I regulated them with ASUS software and I found it interesting that up to a certain RPM I don't hear the fans at all. Regulating them a little higher and I can hear them but it's not annoying. Only if they run on high speed then they clearly make noise. I set them to run permanently just below the RPM were I start to hear them. And that speed is good enough for 90% (or more likely 99%) of my computer usage. Very seldom I hear the fans speeding up under high load.

I think the most important part for a fan cooled PC which should make little noise is a good case which allows big size fans.

I use this one: http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/cm-690-ii-advanced-usb3/

Here is a picture about the cooling:

PC.jpg.afd23a8b5be77b3d3a128d2b84bbde89.jpg

To be honest i run my Aircon too and it makes noise but its a different kind of noise from my computer fans. I have 2 computers here in this room both now with water cooling. After I got water-cooling on the first i noticed such a difference that i decided to get it for the first too. That was almost a fatal mistake. During installation one pin on the motherboard that connects with the processor bend. I bend it back but was worried and started the computer up without having finished tidying  up. Just to make sure it could still boot and it could. Could have been a expensive and time consuming mistake.

I sit behind my computer a lot..so i like it to be perfect. 

Yes a big case is real useful, got some nice Phantek housing for the computer. I never go for the real cheap cases just not worth it. Better to invest a bit more on a good case / housing.  

Before i was a lot less sensitive about noise not sure what changed.