Lost Departure Card - What are my options

I could not locate my departure card in my password. Most probably I have lost it.

My flight in tomorrow early morning. Do I have to go to Changwtana to get a new card or can I get one in the airport. 

Do I have to pay a fine?

Please need information urgenly

Nothing to worry about.

If you can’t get one at the airline check-in (didn’t know they have them) just hand your passport over to the IO at passport control and they will sort it out.

39 minutes ago, elviajero said:

If you can’t get one at the airline check-in (didn’t know they have them) just hand your passport over to the IO at passport control and they will sort it out.

I have seen them handed to people when checking in that did not have one.

I can recall a recent post of somebody being sent back to the check in desk at the pre screening for international departures to get one.

Yep - just fill in the relevant half from a new card, and hand that over.  I've done it a few times.

(... and on that new TM6 - what do you say for the State and Country where you live, and your reason for visit .... I live in Thailand, and I'm here for work, with work permit and Non-imm etc?)

3 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Have done it before. Not a problem. All the information is on the computer at immigration. I didn't even fill in another card. Might be better to do so, cos they love paperwork !

"cos they love paperwork !"  Yes, they sure do along with noise, uniforms and authority.

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

I suspect that we are going to read on here of many more incidences of departure cards being mislaid as a result of the recently-introduced, considerably smaller version!

Actually I was thinking the opposite...

As the new cards fit inside the passport without any origami... ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Yep - just fill in the relevant half from a new card, and hand that over.  I've done it a few times.

(... and on that new TM6 - what do you say for the State and Country where you live, and your reason for visit .... I live in Thailand, and I'm here for work, with work permit and Non-imm etc?)

It's the poor wording. By state and country where resident they are referring to your home country.

5 hours ago, elviajero said:

Nothing to worry about.

They probably keep a supply to hand over to Thai nationals. They will need to fill out new cards to hand over at Immigration after check-in. 

11 minutes ago, dabhand said:

They probably keep a supply to hand over to Thai nationals. They will need to fill out new cards to hand over at Immigration after check-in. 

Thai's no longer have to complete a TM6 form. Been that way for almost a year.

• Like 1

I made a mistake on my sons departure card once and asked for another and was berated by the officer for wasting cards, I was stunned such a driver for non waste amongst all the buearcratic paper wasting in Thailand. He reluctantly gave me another

17 minutes ago, grollies said:

Why is this topic still going on after post #2?

Why not!

First hand experiences are better than general information and post #2 was incomplete general advice.

I hope that many TVF members truly appreciate the value of having informed members who vigilantly monitor changing immigration issues and law in Thailand.

Thanks to this core of experts we other members can mumble vague and confusing questions and receive almost instantaneous and verifiable answers.

I know that myself and many others are grateful for the efforts of UbonJoe, Elviajero, and others.

Thank you one and all Guys/Ladies.

And please continue your work!

• Like 2