Extension of Tourist Visa Permission to Stay at Chaeng Watthana

Since Jomtien are becoming increasingly likely to issue TM30 fines as well as insist that the condo staff or landlord come down to the Jomtien Immigration Office before even considering an extension, I would like to ask what is required in terms of proof of address to extend a 60-day Tourist Visa permission to stay at Chaeng Watthana in Bangkok. Could I just write down a Khao San hostel on the address bit on the TM7? Would that satisfy them?

In Bangkok, you may need at least a payment-receipt for the place you are staying, when applying for the extension.  No TM-30 to worry about, though.  I took a condo-lease copy, when I got a Tourist Visa extension at that office, years ago.  Others with more recent experience please elaborate, if more than this is required.

How Sad for Jomtien folks.  The tourist-service there was not corrupted when I moved away - only the Non-O and Family desks had gone bad.  It appears the disease is spreading in that office.  I am sure one of the agents out-front can get it done for corruption-money, but I also refused to play that game.  Good luck in Bangkok.

I've never been asked for any actual evidence. They do ask for a full address though, down to the room/unit number and including sub district & district. Many tourists don't seem to know the district their hotel is located in.

I've often seen other applicants being asked for any missing details, leading to delays due to phone calls being made and such. My best guess is that it's all about form - I don't think they perform any checks to establish if you actually stay where you claim you stay.

Edited by Caldera
Clarity
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JackThompson said:

In Bangkok, you may need at least a payment-receipt for the place you are staying, when applying for the extension.  No TM-30 to worry about, though.  I took a condo-lease copy, when I got a Tourist Visa extension at that office, years ago.  Others with more recent experience please elaborate, if more than this is required.

No proof of address required at Chaengwatthana.

• Like 2