change of address

Hi,

I am on a non O visa for purpose of retirement. I renewed in June and so have a further 10 months until next renewal. I have just moved address. My question is, is there a time frame within which I have to report my change of address to immigration (Ta Yang, Petchaburi) and what documents should I take?

Any advice much appreciated. 

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa issued by an embassy or consulate there is no need to report the change at immigration,

But if you actually have a one year extension of stay based upon retirement issued by immigration you should report your change of address as soon as possible. They may want a TM30 report done by your landlord as well.

The OP is definitely on a retirement extension. Check out his topics.

@somchai jones

You need to file a TM28.

Passport

Copy of passport photo page.

Copy of current extension.

Copy of last entry stamp.

Copy of TM6

They may also want a TM30 filing as Joe stated.

Edited by Tanoshi

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Yep he sure did, but he's not on a Non O Visa either.

That is why I wrote two different replies to his post since I guessed he meant an extension not a non-o visa.

Just another case of calling an extension of stay a visa causing confusion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, somchai jones said:

Thanks for all your advice and my deepest apologies for 'calling an extension of stay a visa'.......I've reprimanded myself severely for making such a grave mistake........oh the shame!

You may feel correction of the terminology is pedantic, but seriously if you want the correct advice from experience members such as UJ, then it's important to know if you have a Visa and what type, or an extension.

Exiting the Country and re-entering when you have an extension of permission to stay and you didn't really extend that Non Imm O ME at Immigration, is a hard way to learn, when at re-entry the IO gives you just a 30 day stamp.

With a Non Imm O ME you can leave and re-enter within the validity period of the Visa.

If you have an extension, you need a re-entry permit.

Just one of the subtle differences, but an important one.

8 hours ago, somchai jones said:

Thanks for all your advice and my deepest apologies for 'calling an extension of stay a visa'.......I've reprimanded myself severely for making such a grave mistake........oh the shame!

As far as I am concerned the only way in which one can renew a non-O visa is through a trip every 3 months to the likes of Savannakhet, Vientiane, Penang, etc for a fresh real genuine McCoy non-O visa of the single-entry variety. But, if that is really considered preferable to an annual trip to one's local immigration office for a fresh extension of stay, that's perfectly fine by me!

Incidentally, have you also hitherto been in the habit of calling an apple an orange by any chance? Definitely another grave mistake for you to reprimand yourself severely for if you have, I think!

Edited by OJAS