(Yet another) 90-day reporting question!

Not hypothetical.  This is a possibility for me....

I'm on extension of stay based on retirement.  What should I do if I need to travel outside Thailand, leaving more than 15 days before my next scheduled reporting date, and returning more than 7 days after that date?  My inclination is to just say "Don't worry about it.  The 90-day clock will just start again when I return and get a new departure form."  Is this the right approach? 

17 minutes ago, JTXR said:

The 90-day clock will just start again when I return and get a new departure form."  Is this the right approach? 

Absolutely: YES.

Leaving before the 90 days are over voids the need to do the report.

Return date is day one of your next 90 day period.

That's the only "challenge", you have to do your own count to find the next due date.

No "slip" to remind you.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JTXR said:

I'm on extension of stay based on retirement.  What should I do if I need to travel outside Thailand, leaving more than 15 days before my next scheduled reporting date, and returning more than 7 days after that date?  My inclination is to just say "Don't worry about it.  The 90-day clock will just start again when I return and get a new departure form."  Is this the right approach? 

Yes that's right.

A report only becomes due when you've stayed 90+ days. You are leaving after only 75 days, therefore, the next scheduled report never becomes due. The day you re-enter will become day 1 of a new 90 day count.