Nigerians, Thais arrested in online romance scam

webfact

5 hours ago, blowin said:

They are scum I never could understand how they could do what they wanted  in Bangkok for so long. I hope this is a start to clean up Thailand and STOP letting them in .

They should listen to other countries who restrict some African citizens to the amount of stay for this very reason, too many people have been affected from this type a scum, WAKE UP THAILAND stop this BS from continuing if you really consider yourself to making Thailand a better place for family tourists, if you don't then your just as bad as them.?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, blowin said:

They are scum I never could understand how they could do what they wanted  in Bangkok for so long. I hope this is a start to clean up Thailand and STOP letting them in .

until the root cause that makes Thailand so attractive to transnational criminals is eliminated they will not stop. This includes all ethnicities.

• Confused 1

There is probably a lot more to this than reported. There is every chance that they were also scamming women in other countries and it was police elsewhere that brought it to the RTP attention.

It also appears that Western Union in Thailand are generally sticking to the requirement for government issued photo ID when picking up cash, so it makes it easier to pick up the mules that collect the cash or open bank accounts for the scammers.

"Eight Nigerian men and six Thai suspects have been arrested for alleged collusion in an online romance scam,..............."

"Collusion isn't a crime and if it was they didn't do it, and if they did it.........well it is not a crime" said their spokesperson Rudy Giulliani. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Some of these Thai ladies must have some cash to land a guy. 200,000-500,000 No problem Guess they are thinking it is like an investment. Land a farang worth a few million and get the money back by swindling him. Only this time they got swindled. Oh well they could borrow me for a few nights for nothing till they land one permanently Only willing to help

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Teacher said:

They should listen to other countries who restrict some African citizens to the amount of stay for this very reason, too many people have been affected from this type a scum, WAKE UP THAILAND stop this BS from continuing if you really consider yourself to making Thailand a better place for family tourists, if you don't then your just as bad as them.?

I wonder if Nigerians bring brown envelopes with them.

And you read about honest hardworking people want to come here for some R&R, then get denied. And these Nigerians flaunt the system. I don't know how they get through immigration with their BS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ITs a kind of double moral, in one hand we find it terrible That these scammers , drain innocent thai woman’s bank accounts, ( and it should be punished), but in the other hand we accept the same woman drain the Falang bank account year by year :-), and when empty, go for the next victim, hmmmm... something to think about.. ha ha

I like this guys. Millions of thai ladies stole many billions of bath from a lot of farrangs. Some of them jumped (and still jump) down from Pattaya skyscrapers. Respect to the black boys who turn around that game. It NEVER happens to a wrong lady here!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Well , blame the fools and those greedy women.I see the article as biased or with racial tone as no picture or emphasis on the Thai suspects?

Yes those poor people - no visas, working illegally in prostitution and drugs along Sukhumvit rd every night, pestering tourists and grabbing their arms, scamming and lurking threateningly we have no right to criticise them - you just reminded me why i hate liberal SNOWFLAKES SO MUCH!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

In an unrelated case, Surachate said that police were investigating loan sharks that preyed on some 100,000 villagers in the Northeast. By the end of this month, police should be able to return some 2,000 rai of farmland back to farmers that had been seized by loan sharks, he said.

Now here is a story more worthy of being the headline.  

Surprised no ones picked up on this story in 4 pages of comments...

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 1

Do the members of the RTP have an ongoing competition to appear in as many photos as possible, or is it a requirement for promotion? I think "Big Joke" is winning at the moment! And they could only manage to get 16 cops into the picture, and no Thai suspects! Still, they seem to be achieving some results, so credit where it is due, I suppose.

Can anyone decipher that chart?, I have never met a thai woman with 500,000 baht to spare, how do they find them?, and why do they fall for these scams, is it a promise of a handsome millionaire that attracts them?.

Edited by Polaky

With all the large signs and photo ops this is starting to look more like a political campaign than a police operation . Prayut had better watch out.

happy to see the crooks get busted but getting tired of the soap opera it involves.

Edited by 5633572526

On 8/6/2018 at 5:52 PM, blowin said:

Yes- Nigerians are the culprits behind those spams. get them out NOW! Go back to whence you came.

• Like 1