Advice, Please, On A Tailor Shop

noctiluca

Would you please give me a recommendation on a tailor shop around Sukhumvit, preferably near Emporium? I'm looking to get some tailor-made pants and shirts. Thanks much.

Hello Noctiluca,

There is a very good one at 174 Sukhumvit Road near Soi 8. The shop is called Classique Fashion and the managing director is Rajiv Sehgal. Prices are very, very reasonable ans they also work fast. My brother and me ordered suit and pants and we are very content with the quality.

Marcel (from Holland)

Would you please give me a recommendation on a tailor shop around Sukhumvit, preferably near Emporium? I'm looking to get some tailor-made pants and shirts. Thanks much.

Just do yourself 1 favour - stay away from Manhattan Tailors - they're a bunch of pushy salesman who promise the world to get your money. They insist you pay the full amount before the suit is made and now i know why!! I had 1 rushed fitting and the suit was promised to be delivered to my hotel 3 days later by 11am since i had a plane to catch.

No suit arrived - i called them and asked where it was. They lied and said the suit had been delivered to my hotel reception. I checked with hotel reception and alas, the suit was not there. I called back and they said, "oh, sorry, they were mistaken, its on the way now".

Anyway it arrived an hour and half later (obviously a rush job because they had forgotten about it). Poor quality stitching, pants too short and the suit was wet and frizzled. There were still pencil lines all over it on it that the tailor had forgotten to erase!!!

A Thai lady recommended this place to me, but now I'm certain it was a setup. Please do yourself a favour and spend your money elsewhere on a decent suit with REAL material and quality finishings.

At the worst, you'll be glad you stayed away from the pushy salesman :o .

Edited by gza222