How Much Can Get In Thai Bank For 2+ Million Baht?

th bank in tailande give at most 4.5%(minus 15% of it tax), the mutual fund fixed income type give about 4.0-4.8% net. I personally bought some fixed income instrument at ING tailand, but I put my most chunks of my money in Abeerden in Singapore. I do not trust Tailande this country, after all its just a third world and very very backward in international monetary policies. I was introduced the Aberdden China Opportunity fund in 2002, and my money more than doubled by 2006, and in 2003, I was introduced Abeerden Pacific equity fund, so I bought more and it has risen up to now about 50% of my original investment in 2 years or so.

I always thank Singapore and its financial institutions for ginving me the chance to live in luxury for life.

• 3 weeks later...

as i see it you dont put money to the bank to invest it...you put there because you didnit find the right investment, yet.

bank are not there to make you money, they make that to shareholders.

and as interest rate outlook is, better to speed up, soon it wont be 4% neither!!

I got last week 4.75% at Bangkok Bank for 12 month. This was for investments of over 1 million THB. Last year I even got 5.25 %.

China fonds went up a lot, but can also go down a lot. There is no profit without risk...

Thailand is a high-risk investment environment. It has weak enforcement in the area of investor protection and possibly even weaker protection for foreigners. There are many regulations which hinder foreign investment. As for Thai banks, their spread between lending and borrowing rates are large.

In summary, as a foreigner, you would be best to think about investing your money in a different country. Someone has already suggested Singapore. This country does not have the disadvantages detailed above.

On a personal note, I had a Krung Thai savings account for many years. Interest payment was stopped after several years. No notification was given. When I finally noticed, 19 months later, and enquired, I was informed it was because I was a foreigner. They would not pay the interest retrospectively despite me holding a work permit for the full period. This is typical of the capricious, unpredictable and arbitrary investment environment here.