Dental Work

imross

Hi Everyone,

I am living in the UK but have a Thai wife and spend a lot of time in Thailand. I was wondering if anyone here could advise me on the Pro's and Con's of getting major dental work done in Bangkok - I have seen mixed reviews about this online and would like first hand opinions from anyone who has had dental work done there or anywhere else in Thailand for that matter 

It's best to look for a clinic which has really up-to-date equipment. Plus, as another poster has said, a dentist who can speak good English.

If you are having implants, avoid the clinics that promise implants in a week. Their failure rate is 40-50%, a proper implant process takes several months.

Pattaya Klang

Dental Ideas opposite SCB beside Foodland.

She did all my Gnashers for a great Price and the quality was outstanding.

The best was:

I had to get a root treatment in Germany and the Doc said that he also does this system bridges, they are good and reliable even they costs twice the money than the standard ones they are worth every cent. If I need replacements I shall call him for appointment.. 

As I replied it was made in Thailand 6-9 years ago he started like:

OK, yes I can see, here and there the Thai dentist was not working as accurate as we do here, but good work anyway.. 

I can only say, once a I bit on an olive pit and it cracked, the bridge not (don't try it, it hurts like hell..)

then I was biting heart-full in a steak sandwich with a hidden 1 1/2"  bone piece, again the bone lost the match (hurts too) 

• Like 1

I had 2 crowns done by BIDC last year. The price was reasonable...way cheaper than back home. The appointments were on time, the techs and the dentist spoke English very well. and the quality of the work was on a par with anything else I've had.

I will use them again

On 8/8/2018 at 4:10 PM, imross said:

I am living in the UK but have a Thai wife and spend a lot of time in Thailand. I was wondering if anyone here could advise me on the Pro's and Con's of getting major dental work done in Bangkok....

I think that if I was living in the UK I might look into getting major dental work done in Poland, because it is probably cheaper than here and because it would be simpler/cheaper to get the timing for visits right. Of course if you come here regularly anyway then that last would be less important.

I live here and I have had all my implants done here, and I have no complaints. But for me the choice of dentist is very important here, and is much more important than the choice of clinic/hospital, as quality and professionalism vary widely here.

As others have mentioned: you should avoid "instant" implants anywhere in the world.