CDN Steve

Politico Steve

I live in Muang Buriram, and have a very large tree abutting my property line on the outside of the perimeter fence.  It has again grown many giant limbs that are resting on my roof, and cause obvious concerns/problems and havoc when it is raining and windy.  This tree has been trimmed twice before, as it interferes with the hotel parking lot adjacent, as well.

I have been advised that since it is on "public space", and not part of my property, nor the hotel's, there is a Municipal Works department, or a Provincial Administration department, that has responsibility for removing limbs that could potentially case danger to property or people on public roads.

Does anyone know whom to contact or had similar experience? Alternatively to provincial or municipal assistance, does anyone know of a tree trimming service that has equipment to get up to 80 feet high.

Thanks

I had a similar problem here in Ubon with a tree on the roadside outside my house. I contacted the local city council and they have a team that does this kind of work. I had to fill in a request form and outline the problem. 

The team came with a cherry picker and the job was done. Cut the tree down to ground level. They hung until I got home from work to see if the job was done to my satisfaction. It was. But I had to give them all a generous tip and a bottle of beer each!

I asked for them to take all the branches, leaves and rubbish away. Yes, yes they said. Next week. They never came. However, the locals collected the wood for themselves. 

Thanks, Michael..............good start, tho' I am still confused as to who has jurisdiction, as I am not "in the city" of Buriram, I am in nearby Muang district, hence I have to assume that the City would not be involved, the Provincial Administrative District would be. However, a visit to one or the other will probably lead me in the correct direction.  thanks for your response and assistance.

10 minutes ago, Politico Steve said:

Thanks, Michael..............good start, tho' I am still confused as to who has jurisdiction, as I am not "in the city" of Buriram, I am in nearby Muang district, hence I have to assume that the City would not be involved, the Provincial Administrative District would be. However, a visit to one or the other will probably lead me in the correct direction.  thanks for your response and assistance.

You would first contact your the village headman for where you are living or the tambon administration organization. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Politico Steve said:

If you are in "Muang" district then you are classified as being in the "City" The word "Muang" means just that.

You will need to find out what Sub District (Tambon) you are in and contact them. They will have jurisdiction on this matter.

The city of Buriram does have tree trimmers. I viewed them cutting limbs on a series of dangerous trees which looked ready to fall down on the Buriram Phutthaisong Highway not far from the Ekachon Private Hospital. They were municipal trucks, not private contractors. They could have used a few orange warning cones on the street. 

1 hour ago, Politico Steve said:

Thanks, Kamalabob2....................I have seen them too, on occasion from Big C to the stadium on the back road, between my place and the wig shop, BUT, have yet to figure out where to go, or how, to contact them.  Will try the Tessabon office nearby 228.

If you live near to BigC then I believe that you are correct going to Tessaban Isan. That is the one on the 288. At the traffic lights just past the Harley Bar.