how to start and maintain an import-export company.

I spoke to a firm that advertises on this forum called Interactive. I found them very knowledgeable and helpful. Pricing seemed fair. They're in BKK. It's probably too complicated for a forum discussion. There usually needs to be majority Thai ownership and substantial investment money. And, there need to be Thai employees. This might be a hassle, but a good law firm can assist. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Zaid Ahamed said:

I just want to know if someone can guide me with starting and maintaining an import-export company.

22 hours ago, Zaid Ahamed said:

I want to know about all the taxes i will have to pay.

You can read almost all you need to know on some of the law firm web-pages, or at SamuiForSale.

If you are US national. you'll need to check US-Thailand Treaty of Amity.

In general you'll need to open a Thai company limited with a paid shareholder capital of 2 million baht, for inclusion of one foreign Work Permit, which furthermore often require 4 Thai employees in the company.

You'll need a minimum of three shareholders, and foreign shareholder/shareholders cannot own more than 49% of the company; i.e. you'll need a Thai partner that own 51% of "your" company. You cannot use nominee shareholders, source of funds might need to be proved. You can make so-called "preferred shares" in the company for different voting rights.

Costs for a company limited formation by a law firm is around 50,000 baht (plus/minus) including fee for a 2 million baht registration. I'm not familiar what eventually extra is needed for import/export registrations.

Company tax is between 15% and 30% for smaller companies. Personal income tax table can be found here.

Wish you good luck with your project...?

• Haha 1