60 day TV to Retirement Visa

A Thai consul in Oz issued me a 60 TV and said I could get retirement visa, that's what I chose to call it, without having to leave LOS. An agent here, LOS, just told me it's not possible, unless I go through an agent??? ( can't be a retirement extension if I don't have a retirement anything to extend) 

You can change from a tourist visa to a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank on the date your apply or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht. 

Requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you can apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement. If using the 800k baht in the bank option the funds will need to be in the bank for 60 days on the date you apply.

No need to use an agent.

It's actually an 'extension' of your permission to stay, from your TV entry, obtained at a local Immigration office.

The correct term is a 'retirement extension, it's a 'permit', not a Visa.

You must hold a Non Imm type Visa to qualify for the 'retirement extension'.

You can convert your TV into a Non Imm type Visa at Immigration, then apply for the extension.

The link already provided by UJ explains the procedure.

You must have at least 15 days permission left to stay from your TV entry.

You can extend your current 60 day entry by another 30 days at Immigration

if you required more time. 1,900 baht.

The financial requirement for an extension based on retirement is 800,000 baht held in a Thai bank account (sole name) for 2 months prior to the date of a first application (3 months thereafter) OR an Income Letter from your Embassy confirming a monthly income of 65,000 baht, OR a combination of funds in a Thai bank account and an Income amounting to 800,000 baht per annum.

31 minutes ago, cleverman said:

An agent here, LOS, just told me it's not possible, unless I go through an agent???

False information.

Just now, AlGoRhythm said:

Is it possible to apply for the 90 day non-Imm "O" after arriving Thailand on a visa exemption (Italian citizen)?

thanks, Al

Only as part of the process in obtaining an extension based on retirement.

4 minutes ago, AlGoRhythm said:

Is it possible to apply for the 90 day non-Imm "O" after arriving Thailand on a visa exemption (Italian citizen)?

Yes if you can meet the requirements for certain extensions of stay.

You would only have 15 days to do it unless you applied for a 30 day extension to meet the minimum of 15 days remaining on your permit to stay requirement.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You can change from a tourist visa to a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank on the date your apply or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht. 

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you can apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement. If using the 800k baht in the bank option the funds will need to be in the bank for 60 days on the date you apply.

No need to use an agent.

Thanks, but, I can't read Thai, good to know it can be done though. 

Just now, ubonjoe said:

No need to use an agent.

Thanks, but, I can't read Thai, good to know it can be done though. Just read on Thai immigration web site. Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O” may be granted to applicants who meet one of the following requirements:
        (1)  Applicants who are lawfully married to a Thai citizen
        (2)  Dependents of a foreigner currently working or studying full-time in Thailand
        (3) Volunteers or applicants who work for a non-governmental organization (NGO)

1 minute ago, cleverman said:

Thanks, but, I can't read Thai, good to know it can be done though. Just read on Thai immigration web site. 

Which site?

You have to be careful that it is a official site with .go.th at the end of the URL. Even some that may be official sites have outdated info on them.

Just now, AlGoRhythm said:

thanks, Al

I have the income, so why would .1 A guarantee letter from the bank in Thailand in Thai language (Attention: Immigration Commissioner)*.   Be a requirement. . One interesting point, not just Stat Dec of income but proof of its source. 

2 minutes ago, cleverman said:

I have the income, so why would .1 A guarantee letter from the bank in Thailand in Thai language (Attention: Immigration Commissioner)*.   Be a requirement. . One interesting point, not just Stat Dec of income but proof of its source. 

There is a or after that statement. You can do a stat dec at the Australian embassy without any proof of its source.

From the page I posted a link to.

5. 5.1 A guarantee letter from the bank in Thailand in Thai language (Attention: Immigration Commissioner)*
   5.2 A copy  of all entries of the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant has a savings or fixed deposit account  of not less than Baht 800,000* (all documents must  be in the Applicant’s name). 
  5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand*
*(Documents under 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name.)or

6. A guarantee letter from the local or overseas Embassy or Consulate, proving the monthly pension of the Applicant not less than Baht 65,000 per month (together with reference documents showing the source of said monthly pension); or

7. Evidence of deposited money under Clause 5 and evidence of income under Clause 6  (for one year) showing the total amount not less than Baht 800,000

Just now, ubonjoe said:

There is a or after that statement. You can do a stat dec at the Australian embassy without any proof of its source.

From the page I posted a link to.

I know you can without proof,but the site you referred me to wants the proof, . Thanks for taking the time on this, most appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, cleverman said:

No probs with that but, two consul stamps, double the cost. 

Only one stat declaration will be needed. You can use the same one for both the visa and extension application.

Some immigration offices will stamp copy of it when the visa application is done and others will pull the original from the file for the visa application when you apply for the extension.

Another question but on topic, I entered on a visa excempt, went to Immigration and changed it to Non OA which expires 2nd September, if, as suggested this Non OA can be turned into a retirement extension 15 days before expiry, will the retirement extension for one year be dated from 2nd September or from the date I apply 

31 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Another question but on topic, I entered on a visa excempt, went to Immigration and changed it to Non OA which expires 2nd September, if, as suggested this Non OA can be turned into a retirement extension 15 days before expiry, will the retirement extension for one year be dated from 2nd September or from the date I apply 

You got a 90 day non-o visa entry not a non-oa visa that can only be issued by an embassy or consulate in your home or country of legal residency.

You can apply for the extension based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 entry up to the last day if you want to.

The extension will start from the end of the 90 days no matter how early you apply.

3 hours ago, cleverman said:

I know you can without proof,but the site you referred me to wants the proof, . Thanks for taking the time on this, most appreciated. 

You need proof of funds to support your intended retirement in Thailand.

800,000 baht in a bank, OR

65,000 baht by way of a letter from your Embassy, OR

a combination of the two amounting to 800,000 baht per annum.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You got a 90 day non-o visa entry not a non-oa visa that can only be issued by an embassy or consulate in your home or country of legal residency.

You can apply for the extension based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 entry up to the last day if you want to.

The extension will start from the end of the 90 days no matter how early you apply.

Brilliant Joe as usual, many thanks 

11 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You need proof of funds to support your intended retirement in Thailand.

800,000 baht in a bank, OR

65,000 baht by way of a letter from your Embassy, OR

a combination of the two amounting to 800,000 baht per annum.

Thanks, this is the first time I have ever heard that funds are required to be able to get a retirement visa. 

55 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Thanks, this is the first time I have ever heard that funds are required to be able to get a retirement visa. 

2.22 In the case of retirement:
Each permission shall be granted for no more
than one year.

The alien:
(1) Must have been granted a non immigrant visa (NONIM).

(2) Must be 50 years of age or over.
(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month: or
(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no
less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must
have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no
less than 60 days prior to the filing date: or

(5) Must have an annual earning and fluids deposited with a bank totaling no less than
Baht 800,0000 as of the filing date.

Immigration Bureau order 327-2557 (2014) - extension criteria & conditions en.pdf

I suspect the agent told you it was only possible for them to get you a retirement extension because you couldn't meet the financial requirements.

If that was the case, then please be aware, for a fee, they can obtain such, but it involves deceit, falsification of documents and payments to others.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, cleverman said:

You can extend your current 60 day entry by another 30 days at Immigration", if I do this with ,say, 20 days left on my 60 day visa, will I then have 50 days left? 

You  would have 50 days left. The extension starts from the date your 60 day entry ends.

• Thanks 1