Possible 3rd visa exempt in a row

Thanks for all the comments. 

I eventually decided to come back in by air. I will marry next week anyway, then straight to one of the embassies in Laos to do the Non O. 

I am at DMK as we speak waiting for the Ubon flight. The very small experience might be useful. So I approached the desk and straight away the guy said "ah Ubon" when looking at the TM6. So i assume at that point he was either from Ubon, had family there or perhaps he just thought it was likely that me going up there means I have some connection with someone Thai. Then asked me if i speak Thai. So spoke some Thai. Then I could see him counting stamps or entries. While he was doing this I said in Thai that I have a son at the same time as showing him the birth certificate. He then replies "ah very good" and literally looks at this copy for maybe 2 seconds. Then within a minute I hear that beautiful sound of the stamp crashing down. 

It could of all been irrelevant. It could be coincidence. He was probably going to give me the entry anyway but wanted to try and seal the deal with the little bit of Thai and mentioning the son. Maybe he was just genuinely friendly with someone who he guesses knows Thailand a bit. But the important bit for this forum is it does look like they are counting entries at DMK and actually the battleaxe in the row next to us was asking people for hotel confirmations. Although she seemed to be alone on that from what I could hear. 

Edited by OllyBkk
  • Like 1

What I do understand is that they can ask for cash and do not allow bank books or statements.. That makes sense since you could have spent the money 10 times after printing a copy of that... BUT.. what if you flip open phone and log in to SCB and show them a balance that is sufficient?.. It cant be more updated on the millisecond like that...?

Edited by paahlman
mistype

2 hours ago, Odin Norway said:
6 hours ago, smileplur said:

I was able to get a non-o from Savanakhet before I was married based on my son.  If I recall, I needed the birth certificate and a copy of mom's id card and tabian baan.

Can also go for the non-o multi 1yr if wanted only on a birth-sertificate.Much less hazzle them a marrige visa.Only bank-statement of 200 000.No papers from mom needed.Tabien Ban yes.It is alowed to be a dad even without the mom involved.Actually better to keep her out of the picture

Have you recently got a ME visa from Savannahket as a parent by showing 200K in the bank?

2 hours ago, paahlman said:

What I do understand is that they can ask for cash and do not allow bank books or statements.. That makes sense since you could have spent the money 10 times after printing a copy of that... BUT.. what if you flip open phone and log in to SCB and show them a balance that is sufficient?.. It cant be more updated on the millisecond like that...?

• They want to see cash because it is supposed to be 'pocket money' (readily available money).
  • A 'tourist' is unlikely to have an SCB amount.
  • Apps on phones can easily be faked.

7 hours ago, paahlman said:

It's not about if you really have the money - this is why people have not been allowed to go to an ATM and withdraw the money to show, and none are accessible between the de-boarding and immigration (though they are present between outgoing-immigration and boarding).  People have begged to withdraw the money, tried to show balances on phones, etc - no dice.  It's about fishing for a way to easily deny-entry. 

But recently, since more people are now carrying the required cash, and that trick wasn't working as well as a trap, anymore, the Bangkok airports have moved to denying based on the applicant supposedly not having enough money for their entire stay, with no documentation provided on how to prove otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, Development at Khaoyai said:

Is there actually any actual limit on the number of VE entries per year, if always spaced out and always flying in, and always for less than 30 days?

By air there is no written limit on visa exempt entries of any kind. By land they are limited to 2 per calendar year.

4 hours ago, Development at Khaoyai said:

Is there actually any actual limit on the number of VE entries per year, if always spaced out and always flying in, and always for less than 30 days?

I would say you are safe (if from a Western country and are Caucasian)  if you never spend more than 90 days total in any 12 month period in Thailand. You might still face some extra scrutiny as a frequent user of visa exempt entries, but as long as you have a fair amount of cash on you, I would be very surprised if you were denied entry.

The fact is that immigration officials have wide discretion to deny visa exempt entry. If in doubt, get a visa.