Boy dies on 13th birthday after fight with fellow student at Hat Yai school

webfact

Boy dies on 13th birthday after fight with fellow student at Hat Yai school

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A boy called "Go" who was knocked out after a fight with a fellow pupil at a Hat Yai school in Thailand's south has died.

Go - an assumed name - had been on a respirator in a coma after the incident at Hat Yai Charoenrat Withaya school on August 3rd.

Doctors had given him a 50/50 chance to live.

He died yesterday - the day that was his 13th birthday.

His body was taken to the temple of Wat Kuan Land, reported Daily News. His mother Sripanya Chuaysom, 38, told reporters they would light the candles on the cake at his funeral.

The other boy was referred to as "Thaen" - he is a student who does Thai boxing.

The parents of Go want him prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Police initially charged him with assault but said in the light of the boy's death this would be changed.

Earlier it was reported that teachers had been too late on the scene to prevent the fight between the boys.

And to make matters worse for the family of the victim the director of the school allegedly indicated that due to the nature of the incident insurance would not cover costs.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-15

Poor kid and poor family. I can't begin to imagine the rage I would feel were I the parents. Seems unfair that something like this happens to children. Bullying is alive and well and the institutions here in Thailand are ill equipped to deal with this phenomena.

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

And to make matters worse for the family of the victim the director of the school allegedly indicated that due to the nature of the incident insurance would not cover costs.

Although I note the word "allegedly", even so, how might that make an insurance claim invalid?

Fights in the playground at school happen absolutely everywhere and normally the outcome is no worse than a bloody nose, or some wounded pride. The police don't prosecute any of them, unless weapons are involved, which does not seem to be the case here.Tragic that the outcome here should be so awful. I understand the anger of the parents, but is ruining the other boys life going to help? I am sure he didn't mean for the lad to get killed, or even hurt badly, so even a manslaughter charge would be hard to win.

RIP "Go." I hope your parents can find peace in time.

3 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Poor kid and poor family. I can't begin to imagine the rage I would feel were I the parents. Seems unfair that something like this happens to children. Bullying is alive and well and the institutions here in Thailand are ill equipped to deal with this phenomena.

Bullying is alive and well all over the world, don't try and make out that is just a Thai thing!!!

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Fights in the playground at school happen absolutely everywhere and normally the outcome is no worse than a bloody nose, or some wounded pride. The police don't prosecute any of them, unless weapons are involved, which does not seem to be the case here.Tragic that the outcome here should be so awful. I understand the anger of the parents, but is ruining the other boys life going to help? I am sure he didn't mean for the lad to get killed, or even hurt badly, so even a manslaughter charge would be hard to win.

But at some point a president has to be set so that "occurrences" such as these come with consequences of one's actions..

People are not born with principles of what's right or wrong they're taught through parenting or educational systems

if you kill someone through your actions, intentional or not then lessons have to be taught!!

Student who fatally beats up classmate faces manslaughter charge

Students-Fight.png

Police in Hat Yai district of the southern province of Songkhla will file an additional charge of manslaughter against a student boxer who fatally beat up his classmate.

The 13-year old victim, Natthawut Thongsorn, a Mathayom 1 student of a school in Hat Yai was reportedly punched on his chin by his classmate who is also an amateur boxer following a quarrel on August 3.  He went unconscious and was admitted to the district’s hospital for medical treatment until Tuesday when he was declared dead from bleeding in the brain.

Thung Tamsao station police said that Natthawut’s parents lodged a complaint with the police at the station three days after the scuffle incident.  An assault charge was then lodged against the assailant and now that the victim was dead, said the police, adding that a manslaughter charge would be filed against the assailant.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/student-who-fatally-beats-up-classmate-faces-manslaughter-charge/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-08-16

Probably just going to end up as a terrible and unfortunate accident. A couple of 100K is going to change hands and after that it´s wai´s all around again. Until next time some wet behind the ears badly behaved little boy does it again. He probably forgot that his boxing club and coach has forbidden him to use his talent outside the ring.

18 hours ago, rossd said:

Bullying is alive and well all over the world, don't try and make out that is just a Thai thing!!!

Excuse me? I live here and am addressing an issue relating to HERE. You think you are going to teach me that bullying is going on everywhere? What do you think you are doing with your 3 (!!!) at the end of your comment? You are bullying... 

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Funny you say that I never had a problem with playground fights  My best friend (God rest his soul) was a great brawler and he scared many Later he won the heavyweight championship in the navy. Guess I was lucky he was my friend My job was to hold his port while he took care of matters lol

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

Excuse me? I live here and am addressing an issue relating to HERE. You think you are going to teach me that bullying is going on everywhere? What do you think you are doing with your 3 (!!!) at the end of your comment? You are bullying... 

maybe a fight here 

When I started Martial Arts lessons, many years ago, the first thing we were taught was to never ever use these skills in a fight since one can kill someone without too much effort.

In that sports school, the owner reinforced that rule strictly, in his own way.  
When a guy that had abused his skills, brown or red band I don't remember, showed up for training, he was shown all corners of the training hall by the owner of the school. (who, apart from quite a few bruises and sore muscles, did not injure him, great sportsman and great skills)

Wonder what Moral and Ethic values are taught at Muay Thai training.

There's nothing accidental about beating a person to death.. intentional or not !!

I didn't mean to kill him does not absolve you of manslaughter/murder if that is the outcome... neither does age

guilty is guilty..

face the consequences of your actions & let the rest of the bullies look and learn what is right and what is wrong!!

4 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

You are excused. I also live here (more than 30 years). I am not trying to teach you anything, just pointing out that bullying is not restricted to Thailand it is world wide problem at many education establishments.

Check out this web site: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/research-papers/the-annual-bullying-survey-2018/, this is just the UK, my home country.

4 hours ago, KKr said:

When I started Martial Arts lessons, many years ago, the first thing we were taught was to never ever use these skills in a fight since one can kill someone without too much effort.

In that sports school, the owner reinforced that rule strictly, in his own way.  
When a guy that had abused his skills, brown or red band I don't remember, showed up for training, he was shown all corners of the training hall by the owner of the school. (who, apart from quite a few bruises and sore muscles, did not injure him, great sportsman and great skills)

Wonder what Moral and Ethic values are taught at Muay Thai training.

2,4,6,8 bog in don't wait

Archived