Psychiatrist urges kindness for ‘sick’ rocker

rooster59

Psychiatrist urges kindness for ‘sick’ rocker

By The Nation

aaca5d3943a8dede0a9135369dc4f37f.jpeg

A psychiatrist has urged Thai social media users not to troll Thai rocker Seksan “Sek Loso” Sukpimai after his troubled Facebook broadcasts over three consecutive days this week.

Seksan declared on Friday morning that he would seek psychiatric treatment at Srithanya Hospital or elsewhere for his mental health so he could come back to work after recovery.

Dr Nattakorn Jampathong, head of the Khon Kaen Rajanagarindra Psychiatric Hospital, said he could not diagnose if the singer suffered from a mental health issue without the standard medical diagnostic procedure. 

d6441292cb448d2213385233781c7d44.jpeg

He urged the public to refrain from making hash comments, accusations or judging another person's mental health based on social media posts as there was a proper medical procedure to provide treatment. 

He also suggested the people apply the three-prong measure to handle mental health issues: monitoring symptoms, listening wholeheartedly and advising further care and treatment.

e91f4c2033fc2a7c9b26b983c7ff7707.jpeg

Nattakorn said advise about mental health problems was available from the free, 24-hour Mental Health Department hotline on 1323. 

The broadcasts prompted many people to worry the singer might have mental health problems. A radio reporter Kriengkraimas “DJ Kendo” Photjanasuntorn, in a bid to urge for the singer to seek treatment, quoted Seksan's lawyer saying that the rocker had suffered for the past three years from a bipolar disorder. It is the same condition Kriengkraimas suffered but sought treatment and recovered. Kriengkraimas also called for the Thai public to be understanding about others’ conditions rather than letting it become a stigma.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30352401

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-18

quoted Seksan's lawyer saying that the rocker had suffered for the past three years from a bipolar disorder. It is the same condition Kriengkraimas suffered but sought treatment and recovered.

Can you actually recover from a bi polar disorder? Seruous question, I was under the impression it was a life long thing.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, berybert said:

He's wearing an Arsenal shirt, little hope for him I'm sorry to say.

ali g to david beckham ;  We've all seen pictures of you wearing clothes that is well embarrassing and make you look like a laughing stock," "Why do you wear that England football shirt?" 

9 hours ago, nikmar said:

quoted Seksan's lawyer saying that the rocker had suffered for the past three years from a bipolar disorder. It is the same condition Kriengkraimas suffered but sought treatment and recovered.

Can you actually recover from a bi polar disorder? Seruous question, I was under the impression it was a life long thing.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes you can. As soon as you are not stuck in one of the poles (mania or depression) anymore you are just swinging between the moods.

• Like 1

There's an ocean between crass and  class and this guy resides on the former but  has also produced some half decent music. 

I wish I could sit with B200,000 on my kitchen table just in case I needed my next fix.

Not a very nice person to feel sorry for. My sympathies lie with more worthy candidates.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 6:55 PM, micmichd said:

Yes you can. As soon as you are not stuck in one of the poles (mania or depression) anymore you are just swinging between the moods.

And as drugs (incl alcohol and cannabis) are a catalyst for people who may have underlying/dormant mental disorders, the suffer has to more or less completely abstain from these and other narcotics. Drug and alcohol abuse is the number one cause of relapse.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:23 PM, nikmar said:

A Bipolar condition has degrees of severity. In the less severe cases, it is a manageable chronic condition through the use of drugs and therapy, with the therapy intended to allow the  patient to understand and to help manage  his/her condition.

The psychiatrist gave an excellent, prudent comment, which unfortunately some of the people here did not comprehend. Patients will often self medicate in an attempt to cope with their symptoms, which only worsens the condition.  This poor fellow needs help and I hope he gets it from a professional like Dr Nattakorn Jampathong. A very compassionate, and understanding position.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2018 at 2:28 AM, rooster59 said:

Seksan declared on Friday morning that he would seek psychiatric treatment at Srithanya Hospital or elsewhere for his mental health so he could come back to work after recovery.

An' while he's in there learn some table manners as he eats like a peasant .. And while he's at it tidy the kitchen up .. looks like a pigsty 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

An' while he's in there learn some table manners as he eats like a peasant .. And while he's at it tidy the kitchen up .. looks like a pigsty 

And the usual occupants of pigsties are.....................................

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, jenny2017 said:

Time to shoot in the air, Loso. His wife made this photo and posted it on Farcebook. Brain damaged is not curable. 

Loso.jpg

Congratulations on digging up a photo that was very obviously taken many years ago.