Agent for Lamptan lamps in Udon Thani

bluesofa

56 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Global House in Udon Thani had that make yesterday but I was buying T8s

Thanks for the two replies mentioning Global House. The Udon Thani ring road branch said they didn't have any when shown the photo.

So I don't if that meant they sell them, but aren't distributors with a full range?

My wife called an electrical lamp shop, who said they sell Lamptan. She was told the T5 tube is not made any more, and would need to buy an LED option.

I've just looked at the Lamptan 2018, clearly showing the T5 tube, so assume they'll also sell replacement tubes?

If Lamptan don't reply to my email I may have to call them about this.

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks for the two replies mentioning Global House. The Udon Thani ring road branch said they didn't have any when shown the photo.

So I don't if that meant they sell them, but aren't distributors with a full range?

My wife called an electrical lamp shop, who said they sell Lamptan. She was told the T5 tube is not made any more, and would need to buy an LED option.

I've just looked at the Lamptan 2018, clearly showing the T5 tube, so assume they'll also sell replacement tubes?

There's another Global House a few clicks south of UT but whose know if they have your tube.  Just to say... as my F-lights burn/crap out I have been replacing with LED and much happier (they don't start blinking or buzzing and the dust doesn't seem to phase them).

15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Well I did mention I bought T8 which is LED.   Perhaps the old type  in your photo  T5 ) are becoming obsolescent

6 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

There's another Global House a few clicks south of UT but whose know if they have your tube.  Just to say... as my F-lights burn/crap out I have been replacing with LED and much happier (they don't start blinking or buzzing and the dust doesn't seem to phase them).

Yes, I know that branch, thanks. I'll ask Lamptan first, see what they say. It might be on the way to being obsolescent, although if that's the case, why's it in the 2018 catalogue?

I could go for the LED option. It's just that I have two T5s, both for a kitchen work surface, and both fitted on the underside of cupboards, making it awkward to replace the complete units, rather than just the tube.

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I can't help with a local distributor, but HomePro still have the tubes on their website so should be obtainable.

https://www.homepro.co.th/product/262066

Whoa! Thanks for that! I'll go there in the morning.

I see they're listed as 309 Baht. I bought a circular 32W fluorescent tube earlier, they vary between 70 -150 Baht in Thaiwasadu. Never mind, at least I can try tomorrow and hopefully get one.

Unless of course you know somewhere that might pay me to take a T5 off their hands! Ha ha!

Thanks again Dave.

An update on the T5 tube.

HomePro only sell the complete unit, not just the tube, hence the 309 Baht price, not that I noticed one anyway.

In the absence of an email reply from them, got my wife to call Lamptan BKK. Yes, they still sell the T5 and spares. They gave her two names and phone numbers of stockists in Udon City.

She called the first one. They insisted that the T5 was now obsolete and must be replaced with an LED version.

Second company said they stocked the T5 tube and told her it was 70 Baht.

Went into town and bought one. One minute to replace - bingo!

Thanks for all the replies to the thread.

27 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

An update on the T5 tube.

HomePro only sell the complete unit, not just the tube, hence the 309 Baht price, not that I noticed one anyway.

In the absence of an email reply from them, got my wife to call Lamptan BKK. Yes, they still sell the T5 and spares. They gave her two names and phone numbers of stockists in Udon City.

She called the first one. They insisted that the T5 was now obsolete and must be replaced with an LED version.

Second company said they stocked the T5 tube and told her it was 70 Baht.

Went into town and bought one. One minute to replace - bingo!

Thanks for all the replies to the thread.

Why didn't you buy 2 so you had a spare for next time ?

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Why did it have to be a "lamptan" ?
Toshiba,Phillips and Panasonic bulbs are available too.

It didn't, but I was unaware of that in the beginning. I had no experience of the smaller than 'standard' tubes before.

Having said that, initially the DIY places didn't seem to know much about them either.

All for 70 Baht I am better informed, but non the wiser- ha ha!

Archived