Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai highway reopened

webfact

Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai highway reopened

13.png

The main highway between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai provinces in the upper North has been reopened to traffic after the five sections damaged by a flash flood were repaired.

Pol Col Pongpeera Karaket, chief of Doi Saket police station in Chiang Mai, said the five sections of the highway were cut off by a flash flood on Aug 18, forcing the closure of the highway.

The company contracted to repair the highway has fixed the damaged spots, allowing the highway to reopen this morning.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chiang-mai-chiang-rai-highway-reopened/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-08-20

15 minutes ago, RotMahKid said:

I can't believe they fixed this in only 2 days, I believe a next flood will flush everything away again.

They have all the materials there already for fixing the road , and they will probably divert the water for next time

1 hour ago, RotMahKid said:

I can't believe they fixed this in only 2 days, I believe a next flood will flush everything away again.

Stuns me too.

But the image does not look like a repair but a makeshift mud bridge?

And sure this would be washed away quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

I can't believe people post replies to a topic they know sweet FA about.  This road is under reconstruction/upgrade & the bits washed away were temporary roads around bridges under construction.