Work Permit

Hi All, after some advice, I'm presently on an extension visa Non "B" based on work permit because I'm teaching at a school. When I say I'm teaching, I left a month ago but the school hasn't been forthcoming with going to the immigration with me to cancel my extension and surrendering my work permit (Work Permit and Visa Extension both due to expire at the beginning of November). I've recently married a Thai lady (before I resigned from teaching) and am going to immigration at Savannakhet on Sunday to change my Visa Extension to a Non "O" based on marriage to a Thai, I have all the relevant documentation and recently got a 90 extension stamped in my passport last week, I explained to my local immigration office that I had finished teaching, got married and that I had moved province. He acknowledged my new address and stamped me 90 days, does anybody foresee any problems leaving Thailand to go into Laos to make New "O" Visa? 

Example - 1. Will Thai Officials ask why I don't have a re-entry permit in my passport?

2. Will they ask why I have not cancelled my Extension before now?

Edited by markrees18

Immigration at the bridge in Mukdahan have been reported as wanting to see a termination letter from your employer before they will allow you to leave the country. You should ask your school to write one dated for Sunday or later before leaving for your trip.

You will be going to the Thai consulate in Savannakhet to apply for the non-o visa not immigration.

Thanks Joe - there is little or no hope of my school giving me a letter - I have been calling them and mailing them for weeks and they have not replied and not picked up my calls or calls even from my wife. Do you think it,s a question of who you get on the day regards Official at Immiggration ? 

Edited by markrees18

10 hours ago, markrees18 said:

Thanks Joe - there is little or no hope of my school giving me a letter - I have been calling them and mailing them for weeks and they have not replied and not picked up my calls or calls even from my wife. Do you think it,s a question of who you get on the day regards Official at Immiggration ? 

You could try leaving and hope for the best. I have seen no recent reports of them wanting proof you job has ended so they may not ask.

If they make a problem you might try getting a re-entry permit (1000 baht) to satisfy them since they issue them at the bridge now. Then after getting the non-o visa ask them to use it instead to the re-entry permit when you enter the country.