FCD account at bkk bank

I’ve had an account with bkk bank for approx 17 years, what additional documentation is required to open a £ account?

I have a non O visa based on marriage.

Currently have a £ contract which sucks so will not change to baht until Ex rate improves ( if ever )???

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

i opened an FCD account at bangkok bank's main bangkok branch on silom rd in early 2016.  i needed a letter from my embassy that confirmed my passport was real.  i also had to provide a copy of my apartment rental agreement with a cover letter from the landlord explaining that the lease was real and i did in fact live there.  i did this on a tourist visa.  if it is convenient, it might be best to stop in and ask them in person.  maybe you'll get lucky and they'll just open it for you since you have an account with them already (long standing customer) and on a long stay visa (i know that is a big maybe but you never know !!!).

i opened an FCD account at bangkok bank's main bangkok branch on silom rd in early 2016.  i needed a letter from my embassy that confirmed my passport was real.  i also had to provide a copy of my apartment rental agreement with a cover letter from the landlord explaining that the lease was real and i did in fact live there.  i did this on a tourist visa.  if it is convenient, it might be best to stop in and ask them in person.  maybe you'll get lucky and they'll just open it for you since you have an account with them already (long standing customer) and on a long stay visa (i know that is a big maybe but you never know !!!).

Thanks.

Yeah read the website basically someone at the branch should be able to vouch for me.

I assume it’ll be a different account number and online banking details than my existing account.

18 hours ago, JaiLai said:

I assume it’ll be a different account number and online banking details than my existing account.

that is correct.  you get a separate bank book for the FCD account.  i use mine for my extension of stay 800,000thb requirement (in USD) and the bank book can't be updated via the ATM like machine.  have to go into a branch.  both my USD account and THB account show up on my online banking.

that is correct.  you get a separate bank book for the FCD account.  i use mine for my extension of stay 800,000thb requirement (in USD) and the bank book can't be updated via the ATM like machine.  have to go into a branch.  both my USD account and THB account show up on my online banking.

Yeah, the girl at the bank was great - very painless.

2% withdrawal fee of the amount your taking ( if taking out £ ) which is outrageous but I won’t be doing that anyway.

Free to send to thb account at the rate you’re happy with...

Archived