Spotify responds to Nicki Minaj following ‘Queen’ criticism

snoop1130

Spotify responds to Nicki Minaj following ‘Queen’ criticism

By Sam Moore

GettyImages-1016264492-1220x775.jpg

Nicki Minaj Credit: Getty

The rapper tweeted about her unhappiness with the streaming service after her new album failed to reach number one in the US in its first week.

Spotify has responded to Nicki Minaj‘s public criticism of its influence in comments she made after her new album ‘Queen’ failed to reach the number one spot in the US in its first week.

In a series of tweets posted yesterday (August 19), Minaj took aim at both Spotify and Travis Scott – the latter for the fact that his new LP, ‘Astroworld’, has managed to hang on to the top spot in the US for a second week, leaving ‘Queen’ at number two.

Minaj’s beef with Spotify appears to be largely over its promotion of Drake‘s recent album ‘Scorpion’, with the rapper tweeting: “Spotify had to teach me a lesson but rewarded the man who has had an Apple radio show the longest; inadvertently helping the Apple platform the most.”

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/music/spotify-responds-nicki-minaj-twitter-criticism-queen-2368961

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

my god! i did not know anything about this. what should I do?

I know. I'm in a state of shock too. Another talent-less artist who somehow became newsworthy making bad remixes of other people's song's is clinging to what remaining relevance she has left. Perhaps we can assist by retweeting her nonsensical cries for attention? 

Archived