Non-B available at Berlin Germany Embassy?

His chances are about zero at the embassy or the official consulate in Frankfurt. It requires a invitation letter from a existing Thai company and etc.

See: http://german.thaiembassy.de/visaarten-und-erforderliche-unterlagen

He might want to try one of the 4 honorary consulates for the non-b visa. You can find contact info for them by using the drop down menu here. http://german.thaiembassy.de/munchen/koniglich-thailandisches-honorarkonsulat-munchen

Most people enter on a tourist visa to buy a business or set up a company and then later the non-b visa.

• Like 1

His chances are about zero at the embassy or the official consulate in Frankfurt. It requires a invitation letter from a existing Thai company and etc.
See: http://german.thaiembassy.de/visaarten-und-erforderliche-unterlagen
He might want to try one of the 4 honorary consulates for the non-b visa. You can find contact info for them by using the drop down menu here. http://german.thaiembassy.de/munchen/koniglich-thailandisches-honorarkonsulat-munchen
Most people enter on a tourist visa to buy a business or set up a company and then later the non-b visa.

Depends on the type of business or company he would like to set up. Usually a single entry non B is relative easy to get in Germany. I am joining conferences and workshops in Thailand for that reason I got my Non Bs

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Depends on the type of business or company he would like to set up. Usually a single entry non B is relative easy to get in Germany. I am joining conferences and workshops in Thailand for that reason I got my Non Bs

When?

It is not as easy now as it was in the past. Check the link I posted.

I got my Visa in June this year.
Most of the requirements in your link were not requested like contact persons and alike. I provided only an invitation letter from the organizers to give a keynote speech during the conference.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, wobalt said:

I got my Visa in June this year.
Most of the requirements in your link were not requested like contact persons and alike. I provided only an invitation letter from the organizers to give a keynote speech during the conference.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

Also not required is a non-B to give a talk at a conference.

I find it strange that obviously somebody is suggested to lie to Embassy and Immigration. After all, the Person will not enter Thailand with the Purpose of Tourism, but rather to evaluate business opportunities. I understand that these intentions are not strictly forbidden for Tourists on a Tourist Visa, but still ... What would happen if Immigration asks him what he plans to do in Thailand, and he answers honestly "To evaluate business opportunities and negotiate with business owners in Thailand concerning purchase of a business". I guess he could be refused entry answering this way? So the Immigration System encourages people to lie?

2 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

What would happen if Immigration asks him what he plans to do in Thailand, and he answers honestly "To evaluate business opportunities and negotiate with business owners in Thailand concerning purchase of a business". I guess he could be refused entry answering this way?

He could say that since it is not considered to be working.

Most embassies and consulates will not issue a non-b visa for that reason now.

15 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:
I find it strange that obviously somebody is suggested to lie to Embassy and Immigration. After all, the Person will not enter Thailand with the Purpose of Tourism, but rather to evaluate business opportunities. I understand that these intentions are not strictly forbidden for Tourists on a Tourist Visa, but still ... What would happen if Immigration asks him what he plans to do in Thailand, and he answers honestly "To evaluate business opportunities and negotiate with business owners in Thailand concerning purchase of a business". I guess he could be refused entry answering this way? So the Immigration System encourages people to lie?

Probably nothing, I have stated that when I was on a Tourist Visa on the TM 6 several times but never had any problems
Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, Rastaputin said:

It is perfectly within the law/rules to enter Thailand as a ‘tourist’ to “evaluate business opportunities and negotiate with business owners”. That activity has not been considered working for several years and is exempt from requiring a non ‘B’ visa or work permit.

Edited by elviajero

He should try the Honorary Consulate in Essen. A very helpful German is working there and they are really generous about issuing  visas. I deal with them for more than 16 years and it was always pleasant and easy. They are the correct consulate for people living in Northrhine Westfalia and Lower Saxony. 

Edited by hanuman2543