CM office. Form to sign of Terms and Conditions. Line 2 is interesting for Family.

This is new in my reading. Was just posted in the CM forum and it is something of interest if it is now doable to do the member of family to Thai. The way I read it is if you die then the permit to stay is void and nothing else is relevant. Ofcourse I am referring to family member of a Thai person.  Anyone have the visa for being of Thai family member?

First time I saw acknowledged on one of the forms we have to sign or ever. Is this like sort of a preferred golden card as is only included in with RP? Or means nothing?

image.png.ac72bc66c5125f7e105f23d3f06c2359.png

Immigration form Terms and conditions 2018 1347510306_Immigration1.pdf

It has been the same for a few years now.

I have a PDF file for it dated September of 2015 on my computer.

16 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

The way I read it is if you die then the permit to stay is void and nothing else is relevant.

It means that if on an extension of stay based upon on marriage to Thai and your spouse was to pass away your extension will remain valid until it expires. Resident means a person with permanent residency in the country.

If a family member of a person that is on extension passes away the family members extension based upon theirs will end.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It has been the same for a few years now.

I have a PDF file for it dated September of 2015 on my computer.

It means that if on an extension of stay based upon on marriage to Thai and your spouse was to pass away your extension will remain valid until it expires. Resident means a person with permanent residency in the country.

If a family member of a person that is on extension passes away the family members extension based upon theirs will end.

Horrible. So same goes for your kids who are Thai as well if die off suddenly before 18 or before their University is finished or if they are supporting the foreign dad or mom. In the end there is still retirement. Thanks for the explanation. 

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

So same goes for your kids who are Thai as well if die off suddenly before 18 or before their University is finished or if they are supporting the foreign dad or mom.

It is valid until it expires. It does not end on the date of their passing.

Immigration does have authority make decisions in special cased.

This from the clause of the police order for the extensions.

"For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau is granted the authority to make decisions regarding approval on a case-by-case basis."

And this on page 2 of the police order.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."