Bank account

rapla

I would like to open an internet bank account with my father. I live and working in Thailand. But my father will stay in Europe. After my discoveries today with different banks in the city I got the information that my father has to come to Thailand and open the bank account together with me in person. Unfortunately, for health reasons, my father can not travel to Thailand. Is there any bank in Thailand where this regulation does not exist? All suggestion are very welcome. Thank you very munch for your answer.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are there any banks anywhere that allow this? Was looking in to it before and the only option seemed to be an online app account like the UK one for unregistered immigrants and the like, cant remember the name. I found it was troubling enough to open one for me in person here in Phuket anyway.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Not in my experience. I opened with just 200,000 baht. That larger amount is for some sort of Premier account service. 

Good to know

Was just going on this link:
https://www.citibank.co.th/en/banking/deposit-saving.htm?lid=THENCBLBALNTLSavingsAccountBALN

Clicking on the Features tab shows an initial account opening balance of 1,000,000 baht - was quite a shock for a savings account

11 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

Good to know

Was just going on this link:
https://www.citibank.co.th/en/banking/deposit-saving.htm?lid=THENCBLBALNTLSavingsAccountBALN

Clicking on the Features tab shows an initial account opening balance of 1,000,000 baht - was quite a shock for a savings account

"Initial account opening balance is THB 1,000,000 or equivalent." - this is an initial opening balance amount, not a minimum balance required.

Therefore, deposit your 1,000,000 baht to open the account, and then withdraw most of it the next day. 

That said, perhaps you would like to post what it is you are trying to achieve, for more accurate information.

11 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Not in my experience. I opened with just 200,000 baht. That larger amount is for some sort of Premier account service. 

Just to clarify, 100,000 baht in a joint savings plus account and 100,000 baht in a GBP savings non-resident account.  After a month Citibank demanded I increase our account by value by a large amount (think 2 million). I moved the 100,000 in the non-res out to the joint account and closed the non-res account. We cancelled the plus and just have an ordinary savings account.  

Archived