Huge turnout expected for event celebrating success of Tham Luang cave rescue

webfact

Huge turnout expected for event celebrating success of cave rescue

By Natthapat Phromkaew 
The Nation

70a8e30da8eb778ef0cdbf4ab17f1fea.jpeg

File photo

The Thai government is expecting 8,000 people to attend a reception on September 6 to thank all those involved in the rescue operations of 12 Wild Boar soccer players and their football coach assistant from the flooded Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai.

c3cbe6459503eed6768ba688e8b379b6.jpeg

Prime Minister’s Office Minister Suwaphan Tanyuvardhana said on Sunday that the total number comprises 6,000 people invitees plus organisers and related personnel. 

The thank-you reception for the rescuers and volunteers, held at the Dusit Plaza under the theme “United as One”, emphasising the power of unity which goes beyond any differences in race or nationality, would also have a rehearsal held on September 4 and a dress rehearsal on September 5, Suwaphan said.

He was speaking to reporters while presiding over the launch in Bangkok of a separate project to raise funds for underprivileged children. The “Pan Pua Nong, Krungthep-Chiang Mai” CMU Cycling Tour 2018 saw a caravan of cyclists setting out on the 735 kilometretrip from Bangkok yesterday, aiming to reach Chiang Mai on September 7.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30353546

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-03

as some people say: Success has many Fathers.
strange, probably my memory errs me, while the rescue was going on there was a post listing the numbers involved.
A black table, with the number of people involved by official department and volunteers, but cannot find it now, maybe the poster can re-post it?
It seems to me that number was about 2.200 ?

57 minutes ago, KKr said:

as some people say: Success has many Fathers.
strange, probably my memory errs me, while the rescue was going on there was a post listing the numbers involved.
A black table, with the number of people involved by official department and volunteers, but cannot find it now, maybe the poster can re-post it?
It seems to me that number was about 2.200 ?

Towards the end of the rescue mission and only 3 days after he'd boasted of one-thousand people being involved, ex Gov. Narongsak stated that total support had amounted to 10,000. And, beggar me, a month later - that's only about 2 weeks ago - after all the fuss and eleven of the team being metamorphosed into monks-for-a-month, Prayut's office announces a thank-you party for not 6,000, but 60,000 (link below). Why do Thais and Thai officialdom in particular, have so much trouble getting their zeroes sorted? Anything to do with the lousy standard of Maths education, perhaps? Here's the link, if it's use is permissible. https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1523606/thank-you-party-on-sept-6-for-wild-boars-saviours

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ossy said:

Towards the end of the rescue mission and only 3 days after he'd boasted of one-thousand people being involved, ex Gov. Narongsak stated that total support had amounted to 10,000. And, beggar me, a month later - that's only about 2 weeks ago - after all the fuss and eleven of the team being metamorphosed into monks-for-a-month, Prayut's office announces a thank-you party for not 6,000, but 60,000 (link below). Why do Thais and Thai officialdom in particular, have so much trouble getting their zeroes sorted? Anything to do with the lousy standard of Maths education, perhaps? Here's the link, if it's use is permissible. https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1523606/thank-you-party-on-sept-6-for-wild-boars-saviours

They are using the “Trump Calculator”.

Whatever number comes to mind and suits the purpose, W T F, just use it. 

• Like 1