Passport got wet

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I paid 6000 baht

Trendy do not accept cash.  Only credit card/debit card and the billing is in sterling.  £106 for a standard passport (including courier).

I believe there was an increase that came in earlier this year but not that much.

I also got my passport back in under two weeks last year.

51 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Check that again.  You've doubled the price!

Sorry if you want the 'within a week' jobby it is 142 quid, or 152 for 50 pages . And I got mine, from Liverpool posted to my home address within 24 hours. Great service.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/1-week-fast-track-service

Edited by wgdanson

Agreed.  You can get express services for a cost. 

I was responding to a post that quoted a UK passport as 170 quid and comparing it with a Thai passport at 500 baht (actually 1,000 baht)

The underlying cost of a UK passport increased this year:

The fee has risen to £75.50 for online applications and £85 for postal applications, making HM Passport Office an added £50million in 2018-19.

Charges for children's passports has gone up from £46 currently to £49 online and £58.50 in the post.

Previously, a standard adult passport or renewal cost £72.50 regardless of how the application was made.

The £12.50 increase for the postal service represents a jump of 17 per cent for adults and 27 per cent for children.

You will pay a courier fee in Thailand and of course extra for 'special services' in the UK.

I do hope that's the end of my simple correction.

3 hours ago, HHTel said:

Trendy do not accept cash.  Only credit card/debit card and the billing is in sterling.  £106 for a standard passport (including courier).

I believe there was an increase that came in earlier this year but not that much.

I also got my passport back in under two weeks last year.

Yes it was more than £106. I didn't go to trendy, I paid someone to do it.

I think I paid £106 earlier this yearfor kids, and also 2 years ago for myself, via Trendy.

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2018 at 6:12 PM, wgdanson said:

From Wikipedia......The currently standardized biometrics used for this type of identification system are facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and iris recognition. This is a load of rubbish as I have a UK Passport with digital chip but I have NEVER had my fingerprints taken, and iris scan is impossible from a photo because of the low resolution, and facial recognition can be changed by wearing glasses, shaving or hairstyle. Get a new one mate.

I think that fingerprints, Iris scan is for foreigners entering US for example. I think it’s China where I had to do both.

On 9/6/2018 at 11:20 AM, jira0727 said:

This is the smudged area. 

If that is the only part that is smudged I don't think that it will be a problem as long as the other photo is good.

I had to look for some examples of Philippine passports to compare it to.

Related image