1 day overstay - 24h tolerance?

Hi

Maybe I did a big mistake. I hope you can help me.

I have no visa but I am allowed to the 30 days visa exempt.

Ibooked plane ticket, that will make me land in Thailand october, 11th, and leave on december, 10th (then 61 days including first and last day).

I plan to do a 30 days extension at local immigration.

Do you think I will have a problem of overstay? Will I be banned from Thailand? Do they have a 24 hours tolerance as I read somewhere? Will my entry + extension allow me until at least december, 9th, then play with the 24h tolerance?

Thank you for your help.

Why take risks? Since you're not here yet, go apply for a tourist visa and get it extended here. 

You can also get an extension on an extension for 7 days (I think). 

Play it safe. Hoping on a leeway of sorts means you're at the mercy of the officer in charge, not to mention you're actually breaking a law. My 2¢

Cheers.

If leaving from either airport in Bangkok you will not be fined for an overstay of less than 24 hours

At other airports and at border crossings you would be fined 500 baht for one day of overstay and nothing more.

There would certainly be no ban unless you got caught on the way to the airport to leave.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If leaving from either airport in Bangkok you will not be fined for an overstay of less than 24 hours

At other airports and at border crossings you would be fined 500 baht for one day of overstay and nothing more.

There would certainly be no ban unless you got caught on the way to the airport to leave.

Thank much for your reply. Is it considered "leaving from either Bangkok airport", if I have a flight from Samui to home, through Bangkok as a 3h stop, within the same airplane booking?

Thank you for your help.

3 minutes ago, khman said:

Thank much for your reply. Is it considered "leaving from either Bangkok airport", if I have a flight from Samui to home, through Bangkok as a 3h stop, within the same airplane booking?

It means clearing departure immigration at either airport in Bangkok.

If you clear immigration in Samui you would be fined 500 baht.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Preacher said:

The airline might not allow you to board your flight, unless you can show you will leave the country after 30 days.

Thanks, yes I know I am managing this. Thanks for the reminder.