Xiaomi Mi A1Smartphone question

wildpikey

I have a question about this smartphone I recently purchased.

I always like to save my phone contacts to my SIM card and then also display my SIM contacts only. Previous Android phones were pretty easy to set to this preference, but with this new one I cannot work out if it can be done. It seems that the only option is to save the contacts to my google account, and also view all contacts that are in my google account. I can't find options to save new contact numbers to the SIM card and keep these contacts separate.

Any Android / phone boffins out there that could help me please??   Its doing my head in!

• 4 weeks later...

You can Import numbers from a SIM card, but you cannot Export numbers to a SIM card directly, in Android 8.1 or Android 9.0, AFAIK.

I think you can export numbers from the phone (Contacts) to a vcf file, put that on a PC, then import the VCF contents from the PC to the SIM (in the phone attached to the PC.

There are third-party software apps which might allow this in one-step.

I have no experience with this product, nor do I in any way endorse its usage...there are others in the Play Store, and also some PC_based applications.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shao.Copy2SIM

A SIM card may have limited storage.

Archived