Two Nasty Virus Infections

fanciman

AVG and Sophos have not picked up these infections:

Troj/Agent

PCTattletale

The first is a downloader, the second a keystroke logger.

Only Xoft (Pareto Logic) has even detected them. Unfortunately, to have them removed, they want people to buy the software... (they have got to make a living!)

Does anybody know how to remove these? They are a terrible combination to have on the computer.

(Vista)

It is strange that they weren't detected, because i think Troj/Agent has been around a v long time.

Only Xoft (Pareto Logic) has even detected them. Unfortunately, to have them removed, they want people to buy the software... (they have got to make a living!)

Xoft has a history of finding things that other programs cannot and then wanting you to pay to remove them. Apparently that is not always the case now but it's still one spyware "tool" l would avoid.

People, thank you very much indeed for the support.

I will follow up those links, and am most appreciative of your assistance. This is a big headache for me and I am very glad to have your help.

I had a sneaking suspicion that the Xoft stuff might be a lure to get me to buy it...

When i get the tattle remover running, it says, please enter network password.

I am logged in as administrator, use that password, and yet it still will not allow me to run the program. I get an error message saying that is not the correct password. If i try and change the password, there is an error message, too....

Please help!

On the PC Tattletale webpage, it says i must enter the reflex email password used when i installed it! I never put it there!

This program requires your PC Tattletale password to before it will uninstall PC Tattletale.

If you've forgot your password you can have it emailed to the email address you entered in your "Reflex Email" settings

Edited by fanciman