Non Im O Or B Visa

I was about to get a Non-Im O visa based on marriage, but I was asked to come over and teach a few classes for an airline in 2 months. (No work permit needed as my USA employer is paying me, not the Thai Airline).

Since I can easily get either a Multi-Entry O or B visa, and will be just traveling back and forth to Thailand this year not living there, while our house is being built, which type of visa would be most advantageous?

Most likely I will continue to be in and out for a few years and if all works out OK will be working in Singapore for the next 5 years.

Things I need to do this year:

1. Banking

2. Maybe buy a car

3. Get a Thai DL

please note that LEGALLY you can not work/teach in Thailand w/o a work permit no matter who pays you (or even if you are not paid). CHeers!

In each of the past 3 years I have had a letter of invitation from 2 different airlines that wished to purchase training. Each time the letter stated the reason was for me to provide "Training". The Embassy promptly issued me a B visa for this purpose. No mention was ever made of any additional WP needed.

I suspect there is some fine print somewhere that makes this kind of business activity "legal".

please note that LEGALLY you can not work/teach in Thailand w/o a work permit no matter who pays you (or even if you are not paid). CHeers!

In each of the past 3 years I have had a letter of invitation from 2 different airlines that wished to purchase training. Each time the letter stated the reason was for me to provide "Training". The Embassy promptly issued me a B visa for this purpose. No mention was ever made of any additional WP needed.

I suspect there is some fine print somewhere that makes this kind of business activity "legal".

You need a work permit. No question about it. Get a extension of stay based on "marriage"

Foreign Pilots need work permit

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

The invitation letter gave the Consulate a reason to issue a visa to allow you travel to Thailand - it is up to you to abide by the laws once you get here. They do not issue work permits so could not help you in that regard.

This has always interested me. Does a rock band playing a one off concert here legally need a work permit?. Do professional sportsmen (tennis players, golfers) etc legally need a work permit to play in a tournament here?

This has always interested me. Does a rock band playing a one off concert here legally need a work permit?. Do professional sportsmen (tennis players, golfers) etc legally need a work permit to play in a tournament here?

Yes. We had 73 ice skaters once that they were given a work permit and over 100 foreigners as well in a carnival. The ice skaters were only here 5 days.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Very Interesting.......

What I am doing is more closely related to a business meeting.

Here is the scenario more fully:

My employer is a manufacture of aircraft, the airline wishes to "consult" with the manufacture subject matter expert on how to better or more efficiently operate the product.

My employer charges any airline a fee to discuss its products. I am on salary, and receive my same salary whether I come to Thailand and teach or not. The Airline pays for my travel and expenses, plus the fee to my company.

Now we have been coming to Thailand for years for almost every airline that exists in the Kingdom, and always got a B visa with no WP. There are several Rep's that are here full time, and they do have WP as they are working/living here.

So I think we have to differentiate between what I do and say a pilot that is working directly for an airline, or Tiger Woods, that is being directly paid to play golf in Thailand.

I'm still listening... :o