ClassPass Shakes Up Fitness Scene in Bangkok

webfact

ClassPass Shakes Up Fitness Scene in Bangkok

fa45b9cca486ec6d513bd8bf96c62da9-sld.jpe

Fitness enthusiasts in Bangkok will soon enjoy a whole new world of flexibility and convenience as ClassPass, the leading membership to the world's largest fitness network, is expanding to Thailand in October 2018 after launching in Singapore and announcing plans to enter Hong Kong, according to its press statement.

In line with its global expansion plans, Bangkok will be one of the next markets in Asia for ClassPass, following its successful Singapore launch in August that saw exceeding demand and user sign-ups.

Starting from now, fitness enthusiasts can now stay ahead of the curve by registering their interest online at www.classpass.com/try/bangkok and enjoy free classes in the first month – exclusively available for a limited time only. Be prepared for a diversity of fitness experiences at exclusive studios across Thailand, including Muay Thai, strength training, yoga, Pilates, cycling, barre and more.

“We’re seeing a resurgence in the Thai fitness landscape. According to a recent Deloitte report, the APAC fitness market is now worth a record high of US$16.8 billion. Thailand’s relatively low market penetration rate of below 1 percent shows that there are plenty of opportunities for growth here,” said Fritz Lanman, ClassPass CEO in the press statement.

“People are more health-conscious than ever and are more willing to invest in fitness. ClassPass sees the opportunity to fulfil consumers’ needs for the flexibility and convenience that we enable. With a ClassPass membership, customers can choose from a variety of exercises according to their preferences and schedules. This motivates them to work out more and offers greater flexibility than signing up with one particular fitness studio. The diversity of classes in different locations as well as major cities around the world allows customers to keep up their fitness routines even when travelling or commuting,” added Fritz.

Since its inception in 2013, ClassPass has rapidly-grown worldwide and continues to gain momentum, nearly doubling in size annually and raising US$255M in funding to date. With a growing roster of over 12,000 studio, gym and wellness partners, ClassPass has made over 55 million reservations globally, constantly innovating and pushing the future of fitness through new features that enable flexibility and convenience.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354478

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-14

14 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Hope they wont sell a ton of lifetime memberships only to make a runner... seen that before.

If it's the same one I have it's excellent. A subscription based app allows you to search for almost any type of fitness / health related classes in many different cities around the world. The higher the subscription you have the more classes you can choose to do in one month (it's "credit based". So say USD $50 gets you 40 credits, you then search for what type of exercise you want to do. Some classes will be 5 credits - so you could do 10 classes. Others may be 15 credits, so you can do less classes). If they were to "do a runner", they would only be taking a months subscription and you would cancel it. I'm very happy it's coming to BKK.

I've seen so many of these come and go all over the world and they almost always end badly. And the go is usually in bankruptcy - over the last 40 years. The last one here in Tland was California Wow, which ended badly and ugly. They're barely out of S'pore and already see themselves in world dominance. What could go wrong????

14 hours ago, Rama said:

I've seen so many of these come and go all over the world and they almost always end badly. And the go is usually in bankruptcy - over the last 40 years. The last one here in Tland was California Wow, which ended badly and ugly. They're barely out of S'pore and already see themselves in world dominance. What could go wrong????

I think you are missing what ClassPass does. They are huge in the USA, London and aus. They are not a fitness franchise - it is an app that allows you to access a lot of other fitness centers that already exist (independently) and allow you to book one or many classes with that fitness Centre without having to sign up to that fitness Centre.

If the fitness Centre closes down, it has no effect on class pass (other than you won’t be able to book a class with that Centre anymore - since it doesn’t exist).

so rather than joining up to a yoga studio and a spin studio and a boxing club and a tennis club and pay heaps for all of them and stress about if they are going to remain solvent or not - you subscribe to classpass and book individual lessons / classes whenever you want.

its good for the fitness centers because they can fill in classes that have less people in them that would otherwise not get customers. 

16 hours ago, Rama said:

California Wow wasn't a disaster for me. I bought a lifetime membership at a very cheap price and got 3 years use out of it. Tonys gyms in Pattaya work out well for many members. He has lifetime deals going every year and he's been around for decades. I didn't fare so well though. I bought a lifetime and only used it for a year as I hated training there... but I can still use it LOL.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:51 PM, tropo said:

California Wow wasn't a disaster for me. I bought a lifetime membership at a very cheap price and got 3 years use out of it. Tonys gyms in Pattaya work out well for many members. He has lifetime deals going every year and he's been around for decades. I didn't fare so well though. I bought a lifetime and only used it for a year as I hated training there... but I can still use it LOL.

Every time I drive past Tony’s in Pattaya it’s virtually empty. I don’t know how they remain in business. Or that it hasn’t been turned into something else.

1 hour ago, ncc1701d said:

Every time I drive past Tony’s in Pattaya it’s virtually empty. I don’t know how they remain in business. Or that it hasn’t been turned into something else.

I don't know. I haven't set foot in there for 5 years. The plastic tent gym, which I can see from the outside as I ride past, looks the same as it did. Building a gym without walls certainly shouts "temporary", but it's still there. He probably buys new plastic every 5 years or so. There are many other gym options now. They don't need to be very good to equal or better Tonys.

Archived