Jump to content

Government offices doing away with the need for ID photocopies


rooster59

Recommended Posts

Government offices doing away with the need for ID photocopies

Itiporn  Lakarnchua

 

PNSOC610914001000301.jpg

 

BANGKOK, 14th September 2018 (NNT) – Officials have announced that in keeping with the Thailand 4.0 agenda and national development strategies, photocopies of identification cards and home registrations will no longer be needed when engaging with state offices. 

Instead, citizens contacting government agencies will only need to present their identification cards, which have 13 digit serial numbers that allow for access to a national database. An application for public services is planned. 

The first agency to heed the announcement was the South Bangkok Civil Court, which ended the need for photocopies on May 15 of this year. The Department of Business Development followed suit on June 8. 

All government agencies are required to put their data into the national database in support of the change by October 3, 2018. 

 

 
nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-09-15
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

only need to present their identification cards, which have 13 digit serial numbers that allow for access to a national database.

OK, if Thailand actually does this they will go from 1955 to 1995 in one step. good job Thailand!:cheesy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

About time.

I think you mean "about Thai time"?

IIRC correctly isn't this a rehash of an earlier PR attempt when they said 'by September 2018" no more photocopies would be required by government departments for Thai ID card holders?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

When immigration and land/road etc stop the endless round of photo copies i might believe Thailand is approaching 4.0 untill then it's .4

Exactly, just did my extension few days ago, had to supply another tome of the same documents. Another forest gone..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

When immigration and land/road etc stop the endless round of photo copies i might believe Thailand is approaching 4.0 untill then it's .4

.4 - as in point four. I'm sure you mean pointless?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, kotsak said:

Exactly, just did my extension few days ago, had to supply another tome of the same documents. Another forest gone..

Isn't that a misprit - another forest gump maybe, with all this paperwork requirement.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

When immigration and land/road etc stop the endless round of photo copies i might believe Thailand is approaching 4.0 untill then it's .4

Add work permits renewals...

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:
2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

When immigration and land/road etc stop the endless round of photo copies i might believe Thailand is approaching 4.0 untill then it's .4

Add work permits renewals...

Sorry, slightly OT: Going back five years or so, I remember renewing my Non B at immigration, along with the reams of photocopied paperwork for which I needed to sign every copy. Talk about writers cramp - I counted as I signed, it was 148 times.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's the start of the end of privacy and total surveillance for everybody !

All stored in a central database where nobody knows who has access to the data.

 

A nightmare to come lightning fast ... and people think it's a good thing.

It is the worst nightmare anybody with a sane mind can imagine !!!

 

... but people will not wake up until they finally wake up in sweat and tears.

Then it will be far too late !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never been to immigration with the right number/type of photocopies, requirements vary every year. My wife just renewed my work permit with signed power of attorney from me, but was sent away first time to fill out a local form”we only use in Chiang Mai” not mentioned on any website etc.

 

no hope for Thailand 4.0 when everything is left to local interpretation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, Classic Ray said:

Never been to immigration with the right number/type of photocopies, requirements vary every year. My wife just renewed my work permit with signed power of attorney from me, but was sent away first time to fill out a local form”we only use in Chiang Mai” not mentioned on any website etc.

 

no hope for Thailand 4.0 when everything is left to local interpretation.

Yesterday, while attempting to renew my 5 year driving licence, the Vehicle office copied every single one of my documents, then told me I had to go get another form from the Immigration office. Immigration told me I must have a letter from the Vehicle office, before they could issue their piece of paper. So, back to the Vehicle office, where I was giving a form to take to  Immigration. Going back today to Immigration, will report back on the saga. This is Nong Khai in 2018.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, stereolab said:

Yesterday, while attempting to renew my 5 year driving licence, the Vehicle office copied every single one of my documents, then told me I had to go get another form from the Immigration office. Immigration told me I must have a letter from the Vehicle office, before they could issue their piece of paper. So, back to the Vehicle office, where I was giving a form to take to  Immigration. Going back today to Immigration, will report back on the saga. This is Nong Khai in 2018.

This is Nong Khai in 2018 - but they seem to think they're living in 1820.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My immigration office demand five passport pages copied to do a 90 day report, I can't see that changing, asked if they do postal the answer was 'not really'. Twice they have wanted EVERY page copied when doing an extension, blank or otherwise. Then when I went the next year and presented them with the whole passport copied they did not want it, once I was accused of wasting their time. I always go with a case full of everything copied at least twice!

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

My immigration office demand five passport pages copied to do a 90 day report, I can't see that changing, asked if they do postal the answer was 'not really'. Twice they have wanted EVERY page copied when doing an extension, blank or otherwise. Then when I went the next year and presented them with the whole passport copied they did not want it, once I was accused of wasting their time! I always go with a case full of everything copied at least twice!

Go on then - which office is that?

Maybe you should move to Udon. Need to take only your passport with the stapled-in yellow 90 day receipt. IO scans the receipt, prints a new one for 90 days time, which you just sign. All done in two/three minutes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Go on then - which office is that?

Maybe you should move to Udon. Need to take only your passport with the stapled-in yellow 90 day receipt. IO scans the receipt, prints a new one for 90 days time, which you just sign. All done in two/three minutes.

 

why do people always want to know what office it is, if it's not yours it will not be affecting you. I have mentioned it several times in the past. They are all different and so are the officers, that's the point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...