Duo involved in burglaries fall in Pattaya police net

webfact

Duo involved in burglaries fall in police net

By Theerawat Thongma, 
Dethawee Theewarangkool 
The Nation

fbdd86ed622f3e2c7fb9db17d5137115.jpeg

Police on Sunday arrested two suspects, who had reportedly taken the oath of brotherhood while being in jail together, for alleged involvement in a series of burglaries at various houses in Pattaya City.

Muang Pattaya precinct superintendent Pol Colonel Apichai Krophetch led a team of officers to arrest the two suspects – Khamphaeng Phetch province native Thanarath Saengjamreung, 25, and Chon Buri province native Itthichai Krajang, 22. Their Yamaha Fino motorcycle was also seized at noon on Sunday.

The pair were accused of breaking into people’s houses and robbing them of valuables. The latest such incident took place on August 7 at a house rented by a South Korean man, Park Moon Sub, 29. The burglars reportedly escaped with a safe box containing valuables worth Bt50,000.

d317b4421da8d1199157ca68adadeb15.jpeg

Police investigation identified the two male suspects from CCTV footage as Thanarath and itthichai, who fled on a motorcycle with a red licence plate. The pair were traced to a rented house in Soi Nong Yai 8. Following their arrest, the pair reportedly confessed to the crime and said they had become partners in crime and had taken a vow of brotherhood during their time in prison.

After their release in April, they conspired to commit burglaries at houses rented by foreigners in Pattaya City. 

The pair said that they had robbed nine houses and had spent the ill-gotten money on going out and gambling.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354585

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-17

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The pair said that they had robbed nine houses and had spent the ill-gotten money on going out and gambling.

No pretence that they needed it for any high minded ideals, just fun and games. Suppose their gang will have time to get bigger. 

After my first few trips there in 2004 I liked the idea of renting a house or something like that.  While many hotels are nice, they do tend to be noisy.  However over the years the issues of security and breakins have changed my mind a lot about renting a place.  A foreigner renting a place is often presumed to have some money or worth and is a target and I have no doubts that many places are cased by prospective thieves, both professional or more casual types

They've been in jail before so I assume, either mistakenly or accurately, that they may not be the most diligent or intelligent types.  They don't strike me as the sort of criminals who would do lengthy observations or research to pick their targets.  My GUESS is that the info on attractive targets, foreigners renting, living alone, seemingly well off and buildings with little or no security may have been passed to them.  I do hope the investigation follows up on the possibility of someone directing their activities.

Archived